Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will it fit? Stroking a sj block!

qwik-tripp

Corvette
1965 Triple Black 365 A/C 4sp Vert
Has anyone used a 3.75 stroke crank in a small journal block by having the mains turned to sj? There sure are lots of good deals on rotating 383 kits, Thanks.

Good question. It seems like I read that a small journal block was short on room to grind counterweight reliefs along the pan rail. I can't remember where I saw that right now though. Maybe someone else knows.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm looking at the Scat Litewt crank it has undercut counterwieghts and is internal balanced, 365hp look 450hp potential.

Check with Keech's Performance Machine of Sarasota, Fl. 941 921-7223. Steve can give you the straight skinny on that one. He is stroking my 327 right now.

Al

qwik

sorry to go a bit OT, but where on the eastern shore are you? I'm in DE and my stepfather had a auction business in Galena for years until they sold it a few years back and he has a brother in Chestertown. In fact, I'll be down in Georgetown in July for a wedding.

Thanks Al 65 Sting I'll try him tommorrow, hey guys keep the information coming.

Barry, I live in Earleville. I'm 10min from Georgetown. Are you going to Fox Run Saturday? If so we can meet there.

I don't know qwik. don't have my car back so most likely won't go but who knows, maybe I'll show up for a little bit just to check out the cars there. If I do go I'll try to find you. Would you have the '65 there? would be easy enough to find a '65 'vert with A/C as i'm sure it would be the only one there. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom