Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will the C6 interior make the grade?

jimxo

Corvette
Sold my 1989 snif-snif
I just read MT online and Bob Lutz is really looking to get away from the cheap plastic interior. If that’s true then I think the C6 will finally be on the shopping list of many new sports car buyers.

After all the biggest impact a car can make on someone is when they sit inside and shut the door for the first time. The look, smell and feel of the car comes right thru.

Most 1st time buyers of a Corvette may be cross shopping the C6 with all the other well known sports cars. If the interior is a miss GM can forget about taking market share from its competitors.

I personally think the C5 interior was just ok, but where the car was lacking in plush leather and wood it made up for with the vertical pedal on the right side of the floor board.

Sheesh they should call this the Illinois Forum. Yes the new interior is QUITE NICE on C6 all the junky rubber painted plastic is GONE!!! :D The dash is kinda neat looking it follows the XLR theme but no wood.

C/6 Interior

Come on BI you're the inside man push for that wood homeboy we need that rich looking upgrade!

Oh I know I like wood also. I wish GM would at least offer a wood option or some sort of C6 Luxury option pkg. that would upgrade stuff like that.

I want to see the exterior first....then I'll decide if want to go further!

:v

IMO, wood belongs more on a luxury/GT car than a sportscar like a Vette. I think it would look kind of wierd. Aluminum, imo, is a better fit for a sportscar.

There aint no wood on the instrument panel in an F-14 Tomcat!
:Steer

Saving 4 C6 said:
IMO, wood belongs more on a luxury/GT car than a sportscar like a Vette. I think it would look kind of wierd. Aluminum, imo, is a better fit for a sportscar.

Brushed Aluminum or Carbon Fiber.

Brushed Aluminum sounds good but carbon fiber looks like cheap plastic too. Jags have wood, old MG's had wood it just adds a richness that a $55,000 car should at least offer as an option to those who like it. The aftermarket kits that fit the C5 looks nice and I will be adding it to mine.

I agree about the carbon fiber. Even though I know it isn't true, every time I see carbon fiber, I think rice. Those damned ricers ruined it for me.

Can the look of carbon fiber be changed? ;shrug

I was thinking of the weight savings.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom