Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will these rims fit?

1badzr1

Corvette
1990 ZR1 # 203 Red - CR1 Callaway Supernatural 490
I am looking at a set of C5 after market rims and need help from you guy.
Will the below Rim Measurments fit a ZR1?

Rears:
18X11.5 with 9" backspacing which yeilds a 2.75" offset (70mm)

Fronts:
18x9.5 with 7.7 backspacing which yeilds a 2.25" offset (57MM)

Bolt Pattern is 5 on 4 3/4 (120.65MM)

Thanks for the help.

I *believe* that means the rear wheel will stick in an extra 1.5". And it will stick out 1" less than the stock wheel.

The fronts sound like they'd be fine.

I don't think I'd want that as my rear wheel, but if they fit and you like the look then it's a judgement call. I tend to sway more towards sticking with what the factory did unless there's some overriding reason not to.

What are you going to do with your A-molds?

Aurora40,

Thanks for the feedback I guess I will not be going for it. I would want them to stick out 1" not minus 1" from the rear.

Once I get another set of rims I am selling the Amolds.
Thanks
Br

Are they just regular C5 narrow-spoke design wheels? If so, I can think of a ton of more attractive wheels for an aerobody or a ZR-1. I really like those a-molds, and they look nice on the CR-1 too. They sort of show it's a ZR-1, and not a TT or LT1 car. The wider body seems less noticeable on the aerobody, so the wheels leave less doubt about what heart is beating under that hood.

I personally also really like the OZ Mitos with the hidden rim bolts that Callaway put on SN cars, and the Dymags in ZR-1 size. Not that you asked for opinions, though... :)

Aurora40,

I am actively seaking the OZ Futura rims 18" or 17" that Callaway offered on the CR1 and speedsters. As for the Dymags I know of a set that is avaliable but they are not my first choice.

I agree with you about the Amolds, that they do define what is under the hood, I just want something that will enhance the appearance of the Areobody a little more.

Regards,
1badzr1
Ben

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom