Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Z06 WHEELS on a C5 is it possible?

Corvette
1985 Mint C4, 2002 c5 Custom, 2003 cl600 Benz V12
I currently have a 2002 c5 corvette and want to put the c6 Z06 rims on it. I currently have aftermrket c6z06 wheels that are 17x9.5 on front and 18x10.5 rear with 295/35/18 tires on rear and 275/40/17 on front. I am looking at 1.5 inches of rim larger which is .75 inches closer to wheel well insides, it looks like there is at least 1 inch or more, why would it not fit? it is possible that they will stick out just a little bit, who cares about that. I have 335/35/17 MICHELIN PILOT SPORTS ON MY 85 VETTE ON 13 INCH RIMS width and it corners like f1 car, so if the c6 z06 wheel offset put it a little closer to inside wheel well, a spacer could push it out and keep from rubbing, the back wheels do not steer so if it fits it fits, suspension travel is not that much on rear to hit anywhere?

I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS YET? EXPERIENCES WOULD BE GREAT... I HAVE 210 MILES ON THOSE AFTERMARKET REPRO'S THEY SELL, AND GUESS WHAT A BENT WHEEL NOW, VIBRATES LIKE SPIN CYCLE... not a scratch on rims, never hit any pothole, live in vegas roads are smooth, no curb, nothing.. SO I INVESTIGATED A LITTLE, RIM MADE IN CHINA :soapbox:r ? WTF do we make anything anymore? :mad I called mid america motorworks, zip, ecklers, etc and several places like CCW california chrome wheel and none of these repro's are made here, all in china ;rice, everyone, they are junk... :hb :duhyou can't buy any wheel made in USA for less than $2500 a set, foose has 1 wheel thats mass produced, but china made to his design, his usa wheels are $5500 a set and up.

I know someone has tried it, I may be driving from VEGAS to LA as a guy has a set with tires 4 sale and try it, I shall bring spacers to see if this will work and report back to my findings. Maybe I will post my 85 vette a 1 condition ride with chrome zr1 c4 style rims and those meats, 335/35/17 that fit with only slight mods, thanks for any help....

HI-I've seen a few c5s with those rims around here-they looked good,but never talked to the owners about fitment or anything,I guess they worked out!:upthumbs

I have 18 x 10 Z06 style wheels on the rear with stock size tries (275 40 )and I can just get the thickness of my hand (1") between the tire and the inside the well they do not sick out from the wheel well but it would depend on the offset I guess. the 10.5 wide wheels would be close but should fit

I have 18x10.5 plus used C6Z06 suspension on my c5, wicked fast see below

I have the knock off 18x10.5 with 295/35/18 and I have read in one of my C5 performance books that the stock C6 z06 wheel will fit, the 19x12, it states you may have to cut part of the upper liner POSSIBLY, they use a 2 piece wheel liner, and the upper one has to be shaved a little bit, and will fit, it will stick out just a bit, 3/4 of inch but this is no big deal since the panel slopes outward, rocks cant hit side anyway, just behind the wheel which is exposed on stock tires to be hit.

I ALSO WILL UPDATE, YOU CAN USE Z06 SWAYBARS FROM C6 2006-2008 ON ANY C5 CAR :Steer:Buttslap, I ALSO USED THE C6 Z06 SHOCKS AS WELL, WITH THE WIDE TIRES AND THE C6 Z06 SWAYBARS AND SHOCKS, IT ACTUALLY HANDLES JUST LIKE MY 2008 Z06 DOES :soapbox, AMAZING HANDLING DIFFERENCE :BDH. SO GUYS CHECK CRAIGSLIST FOR YOUR AREA FOR C6 Z06 OWNERS CHANGING OUT THERE SUSPENSIONS, YOU CAN USE THE FRONT SPRING, BUT NOT THE REAR ON YOUR C5'S :dancenaughty AND USE ALL 4 SHOCKS AND BOTH FRONT AND REAR SWAYBARS ON YOUR C5, AND i GOT SHOCKS AND BOTH SWAYBARS FOR $150 FOR EVERYTHING. THE C5 LOOKS BETTER AND HANDLES BETTER WITH ITS LONGER WHEELBASE, AND WITH C6Z06 SUSPENSION PARTS, WOW...

I managed to get 17x13 wheels on my c4, with 335/35/17 inch tires on it :_rock:reddevil:soapbox, michelin pilot sport 2 in fact. IT IS WICKED HANDLING :W:Twist:m:BOW good luck, definetely improves any c5 with the newer c6z06 suspension, only the rear spring will not work on c5, peace.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom