Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winching a Z06

crazzledazzle

Corvette
2007 Z06 black
I have a 2007 Z06 Corvette, I would like to find where I can hook a winch cable to frame to be able to winch it in my enclosed trailer, I called Corvette they was not able to help me, I have read the manual I received with car no help. Has anyone winch a Z06 in a enclosed trailer? If so could you please share with me where you attached you winch cable to the frame.

Thanks, Chuck 501-868-6410

why not just drive it on?

Not Sure But............

Get a short 10,000 lb. nylon tow strap and hook that to your winch cable using the hook ends of the strap to hook on something underneath. On the newer vettes, you have a very low stance with the spoiler. You want to find a spot secure that not only won't damage what you hook it to BUT, you will probably have to use some 2X10 pieces to raise the front up so the lowest point on the nose doesn't hit the trailer ramp and you clear the lowest point with the strap. If not, you will surely damage the fiberglass. You will also most likely have to put 2X10 pieces under the rear tires once the car is in place or the door will not clear the fender. Go slow after you find a place to hook it to and have someone keep a watch for the strap and the ramp.

Someone told me there is place's in the frame to use T hook's I tought someone might know to where to look on the frame so I could use T hook's. I have loaded several cars in the trailer but have ways been able to drive them in.

No Door....

On the drivers side of the trailer I presume? That makes it real tight, you can get around the height issue but the side clearance is a tough one, that's one reason I bought the trailer I have now among a lot of others. It can definately be done, it just takes longer. ;)

Don't know if I helped but you're welcome and let me know how you make out.

How would I get intouch with junkie?
It's not hard!! Just say.......GMJunkie.GMJunkie,GMJunkie and like a Bad Dream he will appear!!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie :D

Unfortunately C4's,C5's and C6's "Inhales a Fat Puppy's Rectal Region" when it comes to pulling them up on a truck or trailer!! There are 4 reinforced holes in the frame on C5's and C6's Behind the Front Wheels and in front of the Rear Wheels in the side rails under the driver and passenger that T hooks will Hook in!! But what a Pain in the Wazoo!! I use my J hooks hooked in the lower control arms,makes it allot easier than trying to use the holes in the frame rails!! Be extremely careful and not pinch the wheel sensor wire between Control Arms and the Hook!! It don't matter what you do YOU will Crush the Air Dam unless you take it off!! I'm in the process of designing a Pull Hook for this that will work on C4's and C5's with some minor modifications to the front bumper that will be completely Hidden!!
:upthumbs

A company named Brey- Krause Mfg. makes a tow hook for the C-6-Z06. It bolts on at the rear most muffler hanger points. Its intended use is to provide a tow point if you go off track and end up in the deep sand. It's bright red and fits between the stock exhaust tips. About $ 125+ shipping.

HI there,
The picture below is where the Thooks install for winching. The 2 holes on each side between the tires.
I use a chain about 7 inches longer then the width from hole to hole.
Then, a union link to the winch.
Very effective and about $35 in chain.
Allthebest, c4c5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom