Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Window rattles

johnohio

Corvette
2008 crystal red convertible
I have a 2008 convertible and the drivers side window rattles. Its about to drive me nuts. The car only has 3000 miles and has always been driven on smooth highways. Does anybody else have this problem and what can I do to fix it. It doesn't matter if its down or up and it works good.

You should be able to take that to any dealer and get it repaired for no cost since it is still under warranty.

I have the same issue with my 09, but I hate to have the cealer start to mess with the door panels. I guess I will stay this way ans see if it gets worse

I have the same issue with my 09, but I hate to have the cealer start to mess with the door panels. I guess I will stay this way ans see if it gets worse

There's a lot of GOOD dealerships out there. Contact a local corvette club and they could point you in the right direction. When I bought my 2003 50th. AE the left rear side marker fell off, well it was hanging by the lamp wires. I took it back to the dealership and went all around the checking for any rattles or loose fittings. never had a problem since other than after five years of ownership, I had it in for a brerk service and the technician took it for a drive and when he came back, put the car up on the life and much to my surprise, The rear shoch 'Chucks' were never removed when it was preped by the dealership.

He said didn't I think it rode a little hard, as he heald up the two plastic shock chucks. My car has the magnetic ride control. And the chucks were left in after the dealer prep of the car. They took out the front, but not the rear set. ;shrug

I have the same issue with my 09, but I hate to have the dealer start to mess with the door panels. I guess I will stay this way ans see if it gets worse

I agree!
I have a dash buzzing/vibration sound that is killing me. For some reason I have no doubt they can take it apart - it's getting it ALL back the way it came from the factory.

I began to notice a very annoying rattle in the driver's door this past September with about 8,000 miles on my 2008 vert. Someone on another forum suggested coating the rubber seals on the convertible top that touch the window with silicone. I did and the rattle seems to have disappeared. Magic...or something.

I have a 2008 convertible and the drivers side window rattles. Its about to drive me nuts. The car only has 3000 miles and has always been driven on smooth highways. Does anybody else have this problem and what can I do to fix it. It doesn't matter if its down or up and it works good.

Are you sure it's "rattling" or is it squeaking? I have a '09 and it doesn't rattle, but it does squeak. The door window against the rubber piece on the vert top. The top 'flexes' I think and that's why you hear that (if same thing as mine). Sometimes it gets on my nerves as well. I would have taken it in for a service visit if I thought it was some type of mechanical failure. But I do not believe it is a mechanical problem. Us vert types have to remember that the roof is only fabric attached to a frame which in turn is attached to the car in two places I think. So no doubt it will flex. It has too. If we look around we could probably find something that would stop the squeaking sound (perhaps something on the rubber piece? Maybe someone else knows what could be done, as I believe this is the issue with my Vette.....I'm no expert, so I could be wrong....hope somebody else knows....I do know it does NOT happen with window down (all the way or partially down) and does not happen w/top down.....
Almost forgot....I also want to say that I noticed mine (squeaking) allot sooner that 8k....it was around 800 miles....while on '09 caravan...(but not as loud/often as now with 5125 mi)

I agree!
I have a dash buzzing/vibration sound that is killing me. For some reason I have no doubt they can take it apart - it's getting it ALL back the way it came from the factory.

Love that color!!! :D

You should be able to take that to any dealer and get it repaired for no cost since it is still under warranty.

I love that Ruby red.....if it was avail now I would get one....esp with the same interior color as yours....love it.... :D

window rattle

Took the Vette out for a spin today(been in storage since Oct. of last year) I sprayed the rubber seal between the window and convertible top and I didn't get any rattles from either window. Do they make a silicone gel or is it the spray that they use? Hope this takes care of the problem on this 3500 mile car.

It's not unusual for rubber stripping to loose some of it's lubrication. Silicone spray does work perfectly, but only lasts about a year or so, then you have to respray. Be sure not to get any overspray on the inside windshield as it's a real bear to remove! Not a bad idea to spray all the rubber surfaces with silicone (except the tires!):eyerole

Took the Vette out for a spin today(been in storage since Oct. of last year) I sprayed the rubber seal between the window and convertible top and I didn't get any rattles from either window. Do they make a silicone gel or is it the spray that they use? Hope this takes care of the problem on this 3500 mile car.

Glad that fixed the problem. :beer Mine has 6.5k mi on it now....squeaking still no worse than before. I have noticed a rattle though. It only happens if someone riding in the passenger seat. :ugh Don't know what it is....could be cables or something rattling together as C4C5 stated....sure hate having the door panel removed. Probably end up with worse problem....:confused

I agree!

I have to withdraw that statement. I finally gave the car to the dealer before I set it on fire!
They had the car a week and was finally able to determine that a panel under the dashboard was vibrating against the windshield. The said a rivet holding the panel came loose.
Anyway, whatever happened was fixed and put back together without any tell tail signs of being disassembled.
Bravo, Goodwrench guys, and sorry for the negative rant!

BTW-the roof rattle was also taken care of with new latches. I am really enjoying my vette again and looking for my last purchase (either Grand Sport or C7) before I retire.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom