Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Window sticker placement for 67 AC vette

Vinny

Corvette
1967 Marina Blue Coupe
Can you tell me the correct location for the "Air Conditioned" window sticker that would have come from the factory on a 67 with factory AC?
thanks for all the great advice....Vinny:confused

If your car is a roadster, the rear bottom of the passenger window.

If a coupe, then it is on the same passenger side of the rear big window, in the lower front of the glass where it meets the body.

Thank you!

Thanks Jim, its a coupe....regards, vinny

If I recall --The '67 models did NOT have that sticker.

I believe you are correct, unless the information in the established books and guides has changed:

Vette Vues Fact Book 1963-1967 (M.F. Dobbins, 9th Edition) p. 367-368 shows the "Air Conditioned" window sticker for 1963-1965 and the different/changed window sticker for 1966, and says specifically that "No label was used in 1967".

Corvette Restoration & Technical Guide, Vol. 2 (1963-1967, Noland Adams) p. 60 details the same changes from 1963-1965 version to the 1966 version of the window sticker, and then states "Air-conditioned Corvettes did not have the 'Air Conditioned' window label in 1967, and the Frigidaire air compressor label was changed from the 1966
design.
"

I checked the judging guides for more recent information. I could find no mention of the "Air Conditioned" window sticker in the 1967 Judging Guide (4th edition, Winter 2005 printing). The 1966 Judging Guide (2010 printing, p. 57) does reference the "Air Conditioned" window sticker, but unless Dobbins and Adams are incorrect, the 1966 Judging Guide mistakenly describes and shows the 1963-1965 sticker, not the 1966 sticker (see Dobbins and Adams page references above for the correct 1966 sticker).

Either way, no "Air Conditioned" window sticker for 1967.

Hope this helps,
Scott

Thanks Scott, for all the info. vinny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom