Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Windows hard to roll up

sunger

Corvette
1968 427 convertable
I just got a 68 Corvette and everything is perfect except for the windows. They are very hard to roll up, and I plan to pull the panels next weekend and see whats up. Any thoughts on what I should look for? Bushings? This is my first Corvette and I appreciate any and all help.
Where is the best place to buy replacement parts?
Steve
1968 427/400 Convertable
Southern California

If it's anything like mine they are probably due an overhaul......I'm sure everything could stand a good cleaning and there are a few nylon rollers in there that may be worn.....get that Assembly Manual and it shows you everything on window adjustment.
As for parts, any good place like Volunteer Vette or Zip or Corvette Central has the rollers and other things you might need....also look at the felt strips at the top that are on either side of the glass....new ones will help keep the glass centered as it comes up.

Glad they got better.....but then again it's a convertible and they should never be up!

Post a pic brother! We need to see this ride....

may help

I just got a 68 Corvette and everything is perfect except for the windows. They are very hard to roll up, and I plan to pull the panels next weekend and see whats up. Any thoughts on what I should look for? Bushings? This is my first Corvette and I appreciate any and all help.
Where is the best place to buy replacement parts?
Steve
1968 427/400 Convertable
Southern California
when you get inside your door panel you will see all guides and bushes will have a hard old grease it goes hard over time these require cleaning and then you buy white Lithinm grease its available most parts store, this is the correct product for thi job, regards wayne .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom