Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Windshield Cleaner, Car wash solution

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
I just had my car serviced and specifically told them not to wash it, they did wash it thought. It was one of those automatic car washes at the dealership. Now my windshield is coated with something and it creates a nightmare at night.

What can I use to remove whatever is on it? I am guessing it was some type of spray on wax.

Thanks

:upthumbs

You might try some Dawn dishwashing detergent. I know it'll take the wax off of the body.

Good idea. I'd try washing it with Dawn and then after it dried apply Rain-X.

:wJane Ann

I'd let the service manager know the screw up, and let them clean it off. Then not return to that dealership.

I don't know what the "stuff" is on your windshield, but I had a similar problem with my 94 convertible. Since I leave for work early in the morning, around 1 am, I am acutely aware of a clean windshield due to the reflection of light from street lights an oncoming traffic. I did not have mine serviced, so I do not know how a gray film attached itself to the inside and outside of the windshield, over all of the surfaces. It was very apparent at night, but not so much during the daylight when I drove home, around 3 pm. I tried washing the windshield with dawn, ivory, Zanino wash, and all that happened was that the film moved around the windshield. Nothing came off on the wipe cloth. Tried isopropyl alcohol, then acetone, neither worked. Finally I tried Stoner's glass cleaner that I purchased from Checker. After 5 applications both inside and outside the windshield and hard rubbing, the film was removed. If Stoners hadn't worked, I was prepared to purchase Adam's glass cleaner as a last resort. Like I said, I have no idea what the film was, how it attached to both sides of the windshield, and why wiping it only moved it around. It must have been a mist that I drove through while traveling in the Twilight Zone. Anyway, good luck in cleaning the "stuff" off.
Barrett

If they gave it the full treatment at the car wash,it's probably just spray wax and will come off by itself after several more washes.In the meantime,try water/vinegar combo.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom