Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WINDSHIELD WIPER PUMP HELP

VETTE1966

Corvette
1966 white convertible
I was coming home from a show last weekend and thunderstorm hit. Seldom do I use my wipers but I had to now. After a few minutes, for some reason, the two blades stick to each other in the middle of the windshield---I thought the pump died. I got home a few minutes later and untangled them (the force of the wind and the rain must have pushed them together somehow) and to my thankful surprise they still worked. Being paranoid I tried to look up in different catalogs what a new pump costs. To my surprise, I couldn't find anyone who sells one. WOW!! What do you guys do when this part quits? Help--any suggestions wanted--I may need them soon. THANKS!!!

ah.....

ok does your washer pump not work or..do the wipers stick together???? if your wipers are sticking that means you may need to adjust them...so that they dont touch when in use...when they are in the parked position(off) are they very close together? you may need to take one off and readjust.. create some space between them ..not too much or they will be wiping off the window onto the pillar...

RE: WIPER MOTOR

Normally, the wipers seem to be OK---they just stuck together because of the pressure of the high wind and rain I had, I think. I was more concerned about finding / repairing the wiper motor should I need to. No supply house I have seen seems to carry them.

The position of the arms/blades relative to each other is fine-tuned using the straight-slot adjusting screw on the top surface of each original wiper arm; the dimensions are shown in UPC 1 in the Assembly Manual. As for the motor itself, many suppliers and individuals rebuild them - I'm not aware of any vendors that sell them outright.

:beer

Thanks for the information---I'll check out that adjustment tonight. FYI--Another source recommended Steve Hackel in Midlothian IL as a great wiper motor repair person.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom