Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winking headlghts...

jetset0045

Corvette
1974 Stingray Coupe
How do you fix the winking headlights when driving..?? I put all new hardware, (vac lines, vac manifolds, accuators) and everything worked fine for a spell....now they are winking and slow!!! Is this a problem with one of the new parts i put on, or could it be something with the vaccum coming off of the carb.?

Are the doors just sagging while you are driving,or are they closing and opening????
how long ago did you put the new items in???

The doors will just randomly open while driving, and they are very slow in moving in either direction now....when i first put the new items on in january, they were moving up and down probably faster then when the came from the factory!.....they were working so well, i don't understand why the problem now...:confused

Check the relays. Mine were very slow before i changed a bad relay and now they come up lightning fast. Corvette Central has a deal where you can but 2 for $99.00.

Oh, ok, i see....i dunno, i replaced both of those, they are brand new...i think i have a vacuum problem somewhere else up stream....my power brake booster is acting funny, i think i may be losing alot of vacuum in there for some reason...time for more trobule shooting!....

I didn't realize they were supposed to do anything but wink?!

Someday I will hopefully get to the bottom of why mine act weird too and I think everything has been replaced as well.

Headlight help!

There is a good troubleshooting guide at Vacuum Troubleshooting You can test each part and confirm that it works before ordering parts that you don't need.
In the past I've seen relays that are good but slow down and a few drops of oil in each port brought then back to 100%. WD40 is said to deteriorate the seals so oil or a few drops of brake fluid in the relays has helped.
The booster has a check valve and test to see that it has not failed.
The diagram is wrong at the head light and pull down switch so use the corrected one.
74vacuumconnections-1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom