Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wiper problem

hotshotzny

Corvette
bright red 1984 crossfire
simple problem im sure but thought i may as well ask... today when i turned my wipers on to wash away a fine mist of rain they came on and wouldnt turn off for a good 5 minutes... very aggravating

I found that when the contacts on my switch corroded it had a mind of its own! I cleaned it and teh connector with electronics cleaner then used some dialectic grease and it worked for many months. However, I suspect that some corrosion had already made its way inside the switch where I couldnt clean it and it got wacky again. I replaced it a bout 10 years ago with a new one and its been fine since.

BTW, regarding Reagan Quote: I used to really like him then I realised he was just another of those ignorent gun grabbing Californian Poli"tit"ians. Despite his conservative rhetoric he was VERY anti-gun (possibly stemming from when the Black Panthers went armed into the state house) and his draconian anti-gun measures were politically in line with Hitler,Castro, Stalin,Bresnev, etc.
The will of the people means nothing without the force to back up their will! Reagan used foolish quotes like the one you use to "fool the people all the time" .....but think about it: The will of the people in Tiananmen Square did JACK....they might have stopped the Tanks momentarily when the cameras were on but then the defenseless students were later tortured and killed since they were easily identifiable thanks to the video!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom