Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiper/Washer Won't turn off

Corvette
2001 Z06
Any advice or odds that it's the wiper motor or switch (stalk)??

2001 Z06, 30k miles, previously a garage queen (cowl, wiper motor and udders pristine)

Started car and wiper/washer went on and wouldn't stop. Pulled fuse and started research..

Lots of posts here and other places to wade through. Some said if washer continously runs, it's the switch, other posts contradict this.

Right now I plan to break out the multimeter and run the switch through it's paces but I would love to anyone's input here.

BTW, only had this car 2 months, gave away my 99 FSM when I sold the 99 vette. Haven't gotten around to buying the 2001 z06 version..shame on me. TIA

Check for water intrusion on the passenger side floor and firewall area, cycle the wiper and washer switch off and on very fast and see if anything changes.

Check for water intrusion on the passenger side floor and firewall area, cycle the wiper and washer switch off and on very fast and see if anything changes.

Absolutely no water intrusion on passenger side, would have noticed when I pulled fuse. When it first happened, cycled the wiper plus pushed the wash button in and out rapidly, no change at all. Appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

The next step would be to disconnect the wiper switch in the column and see if the event stops.

The next step would be to disconnect the wiper switch in the column and see if the event stops.

Yes, that was culprit. Disconnected the switch and all was well. Ordered new switch and brass gear for both headlights (both headlights grinding, replaced the stops also). This morning pulled both headlight drives, took apart and put new gear in, resealed and clamped, then tackled replacing the wiper/washer switch..Not a fun job, pulling the shell off the steering column took me an hour or so, was scared of breaking it but finally got it off. It is never fun under the dash board, and with such cramped space, even tho I disconnected it earlier this week when trouble shooting, I reconnected it not thinking. So even with the experience of doing it Tuesday, it seems harder this morning..lol. All in all it took me about 4 hours doing the switch replacement. Then unclamped the headlight drives and reinstalled.. All is well after 7 hours..and so proud that I had no nuts, washers or screws left over.

Well done.

Under dash work is no fun, I never look forward to it.

Ya know..My 1999 had 130K miles on it, only issue I remember was only cleaning the ground points. I get this 2001 Z06 with 30k miles on it and all the ticky tack common problems with the C5 appear. (1) Steering lock (fixed) (2)Headlight gears(fixed) (3)Wiper switch (fixed) and now, drivers side window regulator shot (ordered)..Fun fun fun..but I am still smiling, gawd I love driving this car.:boogie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom