Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...wonder if someone could do NCM R8C Museum Delivery on a Callaway Corvette???

*89x2*

For those who might not be familiar with this ultra-cool program, this is where one can pick up their brand-new Corvette at the National Corvette Museum and participate in many special functions and features while there :cool Weblink: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/ncm_delivery/index.shtml

Now it looks like the trigger code that one must use, gets the car to the NCM however, it would have to go to Callaway Cars, before that...

NCM said:
We are thrilled to offer the Museum Delivery program to new Corvette Owners. It is an adventure like no other and a memorable addition to your new Corvette purchase. Hundreds of enthusiasts take delivery of their new Corvette each year … Let our team be part of your new Corvette purchase.
How It All Starts: NCM Delivery is referred to as OPTION "R8C" and is available through any Chevrolet Dealer at a minimal cost of $490. It must be specified at the time the order is finalized and a special Ship Code of "184590" must also be used to identify your Corvette for Museum Delivery.
The Communications: After a TARGET PRODUCTION WEEK has been established, the National Corvette Museum will contact the selling dealer and/or the customer and offer a reasonable time frame in which the customer can choose a date for delivery. This contact will normally occur approximately two weeks prior to the TARGET PRODUCTION WEEK allowing ample time for the customer to make travel arrangements. The Museum will confirm the date, agreed upon by customer, in writing and will handle all further communications. If at any time the selling dealer and/or customer should have any questions regarding the delivery, they may contact the Museum at 1-800-205-4248.

The Paperwork: Customers must arrive at the NCM with the following items before a delivery can take place:
  • A License Plate or Temporary Tag
  • Proof of Ownership
    (Bill of sale, etc.)
  • Proof of Insurance
  • Valid Operator's License
  • Dealer Acknowledgement form
The Delivery: The customer arrives at the NCM and is welcomed with signs commemorating the event. They are taken to the Corvette Assembly Plant (located across the street from the NCM) for their own NCM Delivery Team guided VIP tour (when available). Museum Delivery customers will be transported to the Corvette Assembly Plant for a tour in a GM courtesy vehicle. All non-GM vehicles driven by guests wishing to transport themselves is acceptable and has a designated area. Click here for required tour guidelines.
A personal, special VIP guided tour of the NCM is conducted where they will see their Corvette on display. Next, a member of the NCM Delivery Team provides a quality orientation followed by a thorough delivery presentation of their new vehicle. A unique gold decal is placed on the inside of the drivers door jamb to signify the importance of this memorable occasion.
The customer is presented with an individual one year NCM membership.
Post Delivery: A commemorative plaque (with the customer's name, date of delivery and VIN) is ordered for the participant the day of delivery. The plaque will then be shipped directly to the customer. Exclusive NCM Delivery merchandise may also be ordered by participants.

If it were offered, would you want to do this?? I sure would!! :upthumbs

golddecal.jpg

This unique gold decal is
placed on the drivers door jamb.

??????WHY??????
IT WOULD HAVE TO BE PICKED UP AT THE MUSEUM BY THE DEALER THAT SENDS IT TO CALLAWAY; TO RECEIVE THAT STICKER.
IF YOU PICK UP YOUR CAR AT THE MUSEUM, THEN SEND IT TO CALLAWAY; YOU WOULD ALSO RECEIVE THAT STICKER.
MY LOCAL DEALER PICKED UP HIS CAR AT THE MUSEUM LAST SPRING, THEN PUT IT ON THE LOT FOR SALE IN THE FALL.
MAYBE IF YOU BOUGHT THE CAR FROM THE DEALER THAT PREPS THE MUSEUM DELIVERY CARS AND HAD THEM SEND IT TO CALLAWAY BEFORE YOU TAKE DELIVERY AT THE MUSEUM.
I GUESS YOU COULD ASK THEM!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The museum will deliver used cars. It's called the museum experiece.

Yeah, I know, but that really is not what I am talking about here.

Maybe a "Callaway Factory Delivery" is more appropriate ;shrug

Instead if the shipping costs for the return trip to the dealer, it wold be offset by the prep there :cool

While I like the NCM, honestly I think it would be more exciting if there was a Callaway Plant delivery option , triggered by option CSC (Callaway SuperCharger package :)). Then you could ask all sorts of questions about the package and become even more familiarized with the minute details of it. Even if such an arrangement could be offered, I doubt if they (the NMC staff) could know all of the details.... and what about the added transportation costs from Callaway to the Museum?

You asked! ;shrug

-Luigi
:cool

While I like the NCM, honestly I think it would be more exciting if there was a Callaway Plant delivery option , triggered by option CSC (Callaway SuperCharger package :)). Then you could ask all sorts of questions about the package and become even more familiarized with the minute details of it. Even if such an arrangement could be offered, I doubt if they (the NMC staff) could know all of the details.... and what about the added transportation costs from Callaway to the Museum?

You asked! ;shrug

-Luigi
:cool

RIGHT NOW CALLAWAY JUST DRIVES OVER TO MY HOUSE AND PICKS ME UP, THEN I DRIVE MY CALLAWAY HOME.
I REMEMBER ONE TIME PETE C. DELIVERED MY LM TO MY HOUSE.
ISN'T THAT BETTER THAN HAVING TO GO ALL THE TO THE MUSEUM?
:ugh

RIGHT NOW CALLAWAY JUST DRIVES OVER TO MY HOUSE AND PICKS ME UP, THEN I DRIVE MY CALLAWAY HOME.
I REMEMBER ONE TIME PETE C. DELIVERED MY LM TO MY HOUSE.
ISN'T THAT BETTER THAN HAVING TO GO ALL THE TO THE MUSEUM?
:ugh

John, you are truly blessed for being so fortunate, living right down the road from the shop :w:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom