Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Won't Start!

mjrb23

Corvette
1997 Red Coupe
I accidentlly locked my keys in the car as I was late for a Physics exam the other day on campus. I could not reach any family or friends to pick me up to drive home and retrieve the spare so I had to resort to campus safety who used a slim jim to pick the lock open on the driver side. This was so sad.

Anyhow, the car started up fine and the next day I drove it to work and it would not start after being parked a day! Upon insertion of the key it is dead silent. No dings, clicking, what so ever...Checked fuses and tried jumping the battery.

Any ideas before I spend some big $$$ on towing her away to the dealership to tell me what you fine people already know?! Advice is sincerely appreciated!!

Any ideas before I spend some big $$$ on towing her away to the dealership to tell me what you fine people already know?! Advice is sincerely appreciated!!

Your battery cables could be the problem. You mentioned checking fuses and the absence of chimes and buzzers, but did you try to turn on the lights? If nothing, try moving the cable connections at the battery. You might have some corrosion under the positive cable connection to the battery or just a bad connection. Hope this helps. ;shrug

Thank you for your response and the welcome note as well! I will check the battery once again, although when I checked it yesterday the connection seemed fine with no corosion...

Oh, and no...I did not try to turn on the lights.

I HAD PROBLEM WITH MINE I OWN 98 CORVETTE I PUT NEW RELAY FUSE IN UNDER HOOD FUSEBOX IN FUELPUMP FIRED RIGHT UP

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom