Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB - 1982 Corvette Gas Tank

Zixxer

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
Less then XX weeks to deployment and I find a couple of pin hole leaks in the gas tank.

Apparently they don't make an aftermarket version so if anyone has one for sale or knows of a company that relines/repairs these gas tanks please chime in.

The way the garage smelled I thought a main fuel line was cracked.

I'm also amazed that the liner and then the tank actually corroded to this point but apparently it is more common then not.

Zixxer

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
Thanks, I have located a couple but the prices are way beyond my wallet...especially for a used item with no warranty. I opted to patch the tank just for my deployment and when I return I'll send it to Moyers in PA or continue to search for one a little less $$$.

I understand these cars are getting up there in the years and the tanks are a particular item that hasn't been reproduced but at the end of the day it's a gas tank. Plastic liner or not (which obviously failed) how hard can it be to make one or take a previous year and adapt it?

I've given the wife a once over of the car and where to look just incase the patch doesn't hold but I did a pretty job cleaning and prepping the area. So far, so good and I can enjoy the car a few more times before leaving.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom