Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB - 1982 Corvette Gas Tank

Zixxer

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
Less then XX weeks to deployment and I find a couple of pin hole leaks in the gas tank.

Apparently they don't make an aftermarket version so if anyone has one for sale or knows of a company that relines/repairs these gas tanks please chime in.

The way the garage smelled I thought a main fuel line was cracked.

I'm also amazed that the liner and then the tank actually corroded to this point but apparently it is more common then not.

Thanks, I have located a couple but the prices are way beyond my wallet...especially for a used item with no warranty. I opted to patch the tank just for my deployment and when I return I'll send it to Moyers in PA or continue to search for one a little less $$$.

I understand these cars are getting up there in the years and the tanks are a particular item that hasn't been reproduced but at the end of the day it's a gas tank. Plastic liner or not (which obviously failed) how hard can it be to make one or take a previous year and adapt it?

I've given the wife a once over of the car and where to look just incase the patch doesn't hold but I did a pretty job cleaning and prepping the area. So far, so good and I can enjoy the car a few more times before leaving.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom