Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB: Center Cap for Z06 Rim

Luv2Drive

Corvette
1987 Black Convertible
Just got my Vette and someone in the past replaced her rims with 17" Z06 beauties. i'm pretty sure they're reproductions which leads me to my problem. I'm missing one center cap and am having a hard time locating one. If anyone has one of these or knows where I can buy one, please drop me a line. It's a grey (silver) cap with a red circle and two crossed white and black checkered flags. One the back are the following numbers: C10250 and S105-01.

Here's a pic,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

View attachment 10833

are those chrome, polished, or painted gray???? the cap appears to be an aftermarket item. the emblem is a generic psudo-corvette vinyl sticker that comes from aftermarket wheel manufactures that are not licensed to use the "corvette" emblem or logo. i have seen plain chrome caps, but not plain painted gray like yours. all factory z06 center caps are painted gray with the emblem embossed and painted red. if you can locate a plain cap, (maybe ebay), i have several sticker emblems like yours that you can have (free of course). you can always get a correct z06 set - i have seen these go on ebay for less than $50 set, or try to locate an aftermarket wheel manufacturer/vendor for a replacement cap.

(edit) here you go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001...tegoryZ43961QQihZ009QQitemZ190011786472QQrdZ1

JoeC

Luv2Drive said:
Just got my Vette and someone in the past replaced her rims with 17" Z06 beauties. i'm pretty sure they're reproductions which leads me to my problem. I'm missing one center cap and am having a hard time locating one. If anyone has one of these or knows where I can buy one, please drop me a line. It's a grey (silver) cap with a red circle and two crossed white and black checkered flags. One the back are the following numbers: C10250 and S105-01.

Here's a pic,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

View attachment 10833

Thanks

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. You've confirmed what I thought for me. I've been looking at the caps on e-Bay but don't know if the stock center caps will fit a reproduction rim. Do you have any thoughts / experience on this? Also, thanks for the offer of the decals, if I need one I'll send you a message!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom