Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB Quadrajet

u2bdet

Corvette
Hi All,
Looking for a GOOD quadrajet # 17081228 ...anyone have an "extra" lying around??:upthumbs
Thanks,
Neal

Q Jet

Hi Neal
I have two that I will check the numbers on tomorrow morning.
I think that they are from somewhere around 1978-81.
I will get back to you in the afternoon.
Jeff

You can check if Chicago Corvette in Justice Ill. has one. They have a good supply of numbers matching quads.

Q Jet

Hi Neal
Sorry the numbers on mine are 17070839
Jeff

You can check if Chicago Corvette in Justice Ill. has one. They have a good supply of numbers matching quads.
Shark , Thanks for the info ,but from what I have been told the BEST way for me to go is get a carb and have it rebuilt (if necessary) rather than get a "Commercially Rebuilt " carb ...This is coming from Lars and Sensei ... so the hunt continues>>>
Neal

If you don't do the rebuild yourself. Maybe ask Cliff Ruggles, I think he has some old thing around and thats also a good or the best place to let it be rebuild. :)

Greetings Peter

QJet

Neal
I do not know how our if you could get the right numbers but I've had real good luck from NAPA on there rebuilt QJet carbs.At least they warranty them.
Jeff

If you don't do the rebuild yourself. Maybe ask Cliff Ruggles, I think he has some old thing around and thats also a good or the best place to let it be rebuild. :)

Greetings Peter

Thanks Peter, shot Cliff an e-mail to see what advice/carbs he has , as far as NAPA or a parts store ...what I have been told is NOT to get a "comercially rebuilt " unit .:ugh

Neal
I still have it. They were good but they have been sitting on the shelf for 10 yrs.
So it should be rebuilt.If you want it 50. plus shipping.

Thanks, but I just made arraingements with another forum member for a carb.
Appreciate your looking out !!
Neal

Neal
Glade you found one good luck with it.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom