Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB whatever this is

vdogamr

Corvette
1988 Blue Coupe
I don't know what this rubber part is called, but I am having a hard time finding one for each side. I know the plastic part is called a "Roof Panel Storage Cover", but I want the protective part that goes inside. I don't really want to store my roof inside without the rubber being there.

Any help would be apprecated.
Thanks

I don't know what this rubber part is called, but I am having a hard time finding one for each side. I know the plastic part is called a "Roof Panel Storage Cover", but I want the protective part that goes inside. I don't really want to store my roof inside without the rubber being there.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I think this is it These are the Roof panel storage INSERTS

Catalog #622-8371984-96Corvette Storage Bracket Inserts

$14.99

622837.jpg

It goes inside this...

612744.jpg

and this is the cover

sizer

I will take the cover off and look this weekend, but I am pretty sure that those particular pictures are for the 89 and later. Sadly I have an 88. Again though, I am not certain and I will check to verify. But at least the word "inserts" is another keyword for doing searches.

Thanks

the catalog says 84-96...There is no mention of 88 being excluded from that list...Most Definitely will fit 88 if the catalog says 84--96 96

Because the catalogue says 84 to 96 can be very misleading, some years of the C4's have had unique parts good for that year only, parts are no longer available or are hard to find without a lot of searching. You can always try to make the part work for you though. Be careful out there, have fun and keep searching! :beer

John

I replaced those on my 88 about 6 years ago and if my memory hasn't totally faded those are what you need. I also got them from MAM.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I'm with you. I bought the suggested inserts from MADVET and they are NOT it!! i have the smae type of inserts that you have and noone has them. I am thinking of makign my own. I did find that they are attached with weatherstripping cement, so not a hard jobto do.

If you find ones, please let me know!! I have been searching for about 2 years now. They are unique!

Good luck!

:w

the catalog says 84-96...There is no mention of 88 being excluded from that list...Most Definitely will fit 88 if the catalog says 84--96 96
Nope :confused Brackets are entirely different so they arent interchangeable! The design changed in 89 to the ones illustrated above. The original design was really crummy thin rubber that let the roof rattle too much. In later years they also added the round rubber rings to the hatch shocks (not sure if this was 89 too but I think so).

I bought a couple used 89 brackets for $30 after I bought the cheapo Astro Top replacement roof. The roof edge has rubber trim instead of the original metal edge and it actually wouldnt fit with the 84-88 design without distorting the rubber trim!:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom