Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTT:1970 & 1971 454 with AC fan blades

ss396t6

Corvette
1970 Corvette LS-5 convertible, green/green/black
A Corvette friend has an August 1970 tipped fan blade that he would like to trade for a November 1971 tipped fan blade. These have the "fingers" on the blades. These are unique to 1970-1974 Corvette 454s with AC. He goes by CCrane72 on the Corvette Forum.

Thanks,
Scott Sims

I do not have a fan blade to trade for, however if your friend finds the 1971 blade without trading, I would be interested in the 1970 blade. Thanks!

Vinn (or Vince?), get on the Corvette Forum and search for CCrane72 (Clifford Crane) posts. He is on it quite often and you can ask him. He is running the fan blade on his Corvette now so I doubt he wants to but you can try.

Also, do we have your very nice 1970 Corvette registered on the 1970 Corvette Registry? Go to this link:
The 1970 Corvette Registry Homepage

and on the left side you will see JOIN down to CONTACTS. On the right you will see the VINs. Browse through it all!

Thanks,
Scott Sims
Member #707
NCRS Member #43568
1970 LS-5 convertible

Thanks Scott, I'll give it a try, and yes, I am registered!

Vince

The Corvette Forum is where I found my A70 tipped fan blade for $250. I had a G70 tipped fan blade that I then sold to a guy in Houston for his Top Flight '70 LS-5. He was thrilled. Another great seller on the CF is avalonjohn (John Penrod). That guy seems to come up with some hard to find parts. He sold me a working dated December 1969 SC BB w/AC fan blade for only $200.
My Corvette was built March 1970.

Well it looks like there's hope yet. My Corvette was built in February 1970. When I purchased it back in '03 it had a completely incorrect fan, no fan clutch, along with a cut up fan shroud. I have the radiator and core support out now, and am giving that area of the car a thorough going-over. I now have the correct shroud and what I believe to be a close fan clutch. I'm ordering a new core support since I found some concealed rust damage on mine after removing the radiator. I'm not as concerned with having the correct dated part, as I am having one correct in appearance and function. However, if one came along, I'd certianly take it. Thanks for all the help!

Vince

Gee....sounds like we have similar stories as I also bought mine in 2003 with a 1977 454 truck engine. I did find a 1970 Corvette LS-5 engine (built in March 1970) near San Antonio and had it rebuilt and now in the car. I am more oriented toward correct and correctly dated parts. Send me a list of parts you need and I can be your eyes to look for parts here in Texas. I go to every local swap meet and Regional NCRS meets each year in Waco and Killeen.

Scott
ss396t6@sbcglobal.net

Very similar indeed. Mine does have what I believe to be the original engine (previous owner gave me a sheet of paper with all the engine numbers - he had the block decked when rebuilt in 1984 :ugh - all remaining markings are correct) My first priority is to to get everything fairly correct and get the car back in a reliable to drive condition. Once I'm there, I'm going to focus on the date stamped parts. I wouldn't be worried about my fan yet if the one I had would even fit in the correct shroud. However, since it looks like it will take a significant amount of money to purchase it, I might as well try to get the right one to begin with! I really appreciate the offer to hunt for parts. I'll assemble a list for everything I need. Let me know what you're looking for as well, I'm planning on going to Carlisle this August. Thanks!

Vince

You guys are so lucky! We don't have anything like Carlisle here in Texas. I think it's a 24 hour drive from Texas to Pennsylvania...one way. I am needing a big block fan shroud and a 9000-032 horn dated July to September 1971 to name two items. I have a long laundry list but those two items are priority.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom