Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

XM Antenna Installation in 2003 Corvette?

Tenorplayer23

Corvette
2003 Millenium Yellow Coupe
Has anyone installed an aftermarket XM radio in their 2003 (C5) Corvette. Need help with antenna location and mounting. Have a Delphi SkyFi that I would like to use. Thanks for the info.

I have my antenna in the middle dash between the wiper blades. Get great reception so far.

Donna

I put my antena in the trunk, just stuck on to the side of the controll box for the FM radio that is tucked down in the right rear storage compartment. It works as well as the factory XM installations on my other vehicles. I've got an XM Commander radio. Note that this may not work as well if you have metallic paint.

Kevin

I put mine on top of the car with 2 sided tape right in the corner on the left front. It works great.

:cool

Mine is mounted to a small (4" x 8") piece of sheet metal that I painted black and screwed to the underside of the right rear fender top (over the wheel in the back of the coupe). The docs say the antenna works better when mounted to metal, not readily available in our cars, so . . . improvise :)
Reception has been excellent.
Regarding the hook up, I have an XM Commander head (velcro to the ashtray cover), I stashed the interface up under the dash above the passenger footwell (just wire tied the components together and found a snug spot). Used one little fuse tap to the panel under the passenger footrest.
And I connected it to the stock sound system through the 12 CD changer harness under the right side rocker panel (just pulls off, velcroed on). Don't know if you have the 12 CD changer (I didnt) but I'm pretty sure all the cars are wired for it. There was an adapter that allowed me to just plug the XM output in there.
Works great, just hit AUX on the stock radio and the XM powers up and plays.
Very easey project, just take your time and run the cables nice an neat. Took a little bit of time to get the antenna run through the rear speaker enclosure to get to the back of the car, and running the head wire through the back of the center console to come out of the ashtray, but all in all, easey to do.

:) I screwed a piece of angle iron to the trunk latch bracket in the trunk, than sttached the antenna to this angle. works fine, and you can' see it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom