Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

XM radio

Larry's Yellow Rdstr

Corvette
05 black cpe-Porsche GT3
How many of you have the factory XM radio in your C6. My recently acquired 05 has it but the subscription is not current. Do you enjoy the feature. How much does it generally cost per month. I also have the multi-disc changer so its not like I'm starving for entertainment, but before I subscribe to the service I thought I'd check with other forum members.

$12.00 per month.

My wife has XM in her new Malibu and loves it. I wasn't real big on it at first but it has grown on me. The thing I like about it is the channels other than music; comedy, talk, sports, etc.

I converted my XM to sirius in my 05. I just like the music stations better and I have less drop outs for some reason although I am using the factory antenna.

I have XM in my 05 and totally love it. When I got the car I really didn't care that it had XM and would not have gotten it if I had ordered the car but now that I have it I am really glad. My wife loved listening to it on trips so much that I just bought her a portable XM for her car that she can also pop into a special boombox for listening in the house and at car shows for her birthday that is tomorrow. XM isn't something I would have ordered but now that I have it I think it is awesome.

I have XM in both my vehicles and love it. Didn't think I would at first, but now it's pretty much all I listen to. There is so much variety. I wouldn't order a vehicle without it. I think we paid for a full year and it was $120 or something on that order.

The longer you pay for the cheaper it is.....
Personally the first thing I do in the morning is hop in and tune to 225 and get the DFW Metroplex traffic. Before I even leave the driveway I know if I'm going the highway or the back way.
Also love the choice of music or comedy but it does have alot of channels you will never listen to. There are commercials but not as many as free radio.
Try it for a few months or a year and see what ya think!

Thanks for all the replies. I've been going to call them for three days and keep forgeting. I really like guitar music...old standards..Chet Adkins, Mark Knoffler. I assume I can find this genre somewhere on one or more of the available stations?

Hmmmm.

Thanks for all the replies. I've been going to call them for three days and keep forgeting. I really like guitar music...old standards..Chet Adkins, Mark Knoffler. I assume I can find this genre somewhere on one or more of the available stations?

That might be "pushing it." I really love Chet Atkins myself. They've got a Bluegrass and a Folk, as well as many country stations. The Folk station might be the one most likely to play Atkins or Knofler, but that's a guess. Probably should call and ask to be sure, but here's a link to the complete channel lineup:

http://www.xmradio.com/programming/full_channel_listing.jsp?sort=number

I have a 2005 C6 coupe and I ordered the XM radio with my Nav Package, personally, I think it's a waste of money, I live in Houston, and there are probably about 50 local radio stations here and in the general area, and considering I only drive my baby on weekends and XM is about $12 a month, and my CD player plays MP3's.....I don't really need it and it's a waste of money for me....I won't renew my subscription, and besides I've noticed that the local FM stations have a lot more power than XM when I switch from one to the other (XM to FM) I have to raise the volume, XM just dosen't seem to push much power.....and I hate that godawful ugly black knob of an antenna that GM came up with, UGH!! I'm thinking of getting it painted to match the body so it will kinda hide it..... LOL I wish I could get my money back....Oh well, live and learn
just my 2 cents IMHO

XM radio is the best... I had it installed in my last vehicle, and ordered the 07 with XM. I have had no issues with volume or dead zones. The 07 has the antenna concealed in the rearview mirror, so the antenna issue is moot. When I feel like listening to my personal music, I'll throw a couple of MP3's in the CD player. But I like the variety on XM. IMO it's worth every penny. No irritating commercials, either.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom