Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

XM: Should I order my C6 with it? Yes/No

XM?

• I would get XM wouldn't order my C6 without it!!

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Skip it it's not worth it, waste of money and that antenna....

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • I like XM but can't stand the "ugly" antenna on my C6

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Where's my Sirius!!

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the C4 the antenna works perfectly thru body panels. Shame they did not do the same with the C6.

Rain

I live in San Diego and the local radio stations suck...XM radio was a pleasant surprise and is on all the time. My wife made me buy one for her car for Xmas.

Well Worth 10 Bucks A Month, Regular Radio Is A Waste Of Time With All The Comercials....i Have It In My Avalanche And If I Traded My C5 In I Would Definetely Have To Order It In A C6. Only Folks That Won't Like It Are Those Too Cheap To Pay The Monthly Fee....but If You Have Cash To Buy A C6 You Can Afford Xm. Just My Opinion@

DRUGDLR said:
Well Worth 10 Bucks A Month, Regular Radio Is A Waste Of Time With All The Comercials....i Have It In My Avalanche And If I Traded My C5 In I Would Definetely Have To Order It In A C6. Only Folks That Won't Like It Are Those Too Cheap To Pay The Monthly Fee....but If You Have Cash To Buy A C6 You Can Afford Xm. Just My Opinion@
It isn't about "affording" XM just not sure if I want that unsightly antenna ;) My wife has Sirius in her car and listens to it all of the time and she got me a Sirius unit for my '03 AV other than listening to ESPN sports talk now and then I really don't use it.....

If you have much of an ear for music you will be dissappointed in the fidelity. I will let our subscription expire. Nice on the occasional trip, but the sound is definently flat. I prefer CD's.

Tough call. I have XM on my new Grand Am GT (my commute-to-work vehicle), and I listen to the XM quite a bit. fIt is especially nice on long trips, but it is also handy around town. I do agree with the post above regarding the fidelity - the sound is a little bit flat, but nothing distracting. My CDs do sound better, but I still think that XM is a nice alternative to regular radio (too many commercials). You can't go too far wrong either way!

Ordered my C6 LMB coupe with XM & could'nt be more pleased!
Choice of entertainment is just Terrific!!!
Just my 0.02 cents.
Jerry

I'm still having trouble with paying $1000 over the next ten years to listen to the radio. I remember when cable TV promised no commercials. That didn't last long. A few years later we not only had commercials on cable TV but we now have one hour long infomercials and Home Shopping networks. What's next? "XM radio presents Ron Popeil's Set It And Forget It channel".
602129057c551f8e90327122f3aa25f1.gif

I hope XM radio goes the way of the CB radio option and disappears in a few years.

I still feel that it is a ride we can enjoy, if we want to, now. If it b/comes less than promised later... you can always drop out.

10 dollars a month for radio.... I dont get it i mean if your going on a trip load up your disc changer in the back. 120 bucks per year can be spent on mcuh better things. And what would we do without our favorite Stations like up here 104.1 WBCN i dont mind the commercials they keep it free and when they come on i just change the station. Simple as that.

I really like XM and REALLY hate the antenna (I have a convertible). If you can wait, my dealer told me the 2006 corvettes have the XM antenna in the side view mirrows. You should confirm that with your local dealer before waiting on an '06.

Jimmy

could not agree more. Drove it home from dealer in PA to SC, sold on the comercial free tunes/talk/etc.

I decided against it soley on the visual of that "ugly" stands out like a sore thumb antenna on the top of my coupe.

Just the way I like it

6 Shooter said:
It really sticks out on C6 Roadsters!
The wart on the deck lid-just way I like it! At least its painted vs. the coupe. I also think it makes the car look more unique rather than a plain deck(trunk) lid. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I guess.

Personally I think the antenna is an eyesore. You say that your about to order a 2005? Good Luck, I ordered mine 2/2/05 and haven't gotten it yet and no build date. Dealer told me that GM says they will take orders for '05's until July and deliver in Sept.

An alternative Option?

poliva said:
Personally I think the antenna is an eyesore. You say that your about to order a 2005? Good Luck, I ordered mine 2/2/05 and haven't gotten it yet and no build date. Dealer told me that GM says they will take orders for '05's until July and deliver in Sept.[/QUOTE:

Poliva: Yes, I ordered mine back on 2/10/05-however, I later found out I was 18th in line for an allocation and I was told it would take 3-5 months to get my car as long as it wasn't Mag Red! I toiled around for several weeks racking my brains (what's left of them after I was RPG'd in Iraq last year-lol) trying to figure out what color combination I would "settle" for. And I mean that literally; the color I truely wanted was Mag Red. Anyway, one nite I was on the Corvette Forum and read this guy's thread where he just put out a question asking if anyone knew where he could find his corvette with such and such colors, etc. I thought about it for a minute and said, "why not?" I put out the story(above) and asked the question if anybody knew how or where I might find my car in my color, etc. etc. etc. The next day, I had 2 replys; one was from this guy Scott Payne, who is a partner of an auto brokerage company called St Pauley's Motor Sports, www.saintpauleys.com, phone number 260-625-6980 or 260-615-8872. Anyway, I called him the next day, told him what I was looking for and with in 24 hrs he actually found almost the exact car i was looking for with the exception of 2 options: polished aluminium wheels and 3:15 axle ratio(automatic) out in Nebraska. The car was just coming off the trailer from BG and he secured the car for me before I even told him I definitely wanted the car. In fact, the dealer said he got 8 other calls from people wanting to buy the car but turned them down. The auto brokers not only check dealers inventory but somehow check their incoming vehicles not yet sold! The next day, at my local credit union, I was able to secure the transaction over the phone. The dealer discounted the car $1,000 and I also got the $1,000 rebate just in effect! And get this, it didn't cost me anything for the auto brokers to locate and hold the car for me; their get their commission from the dealer!!! what a deal! Give them a shot, nothing to lose and everything to gain. Nothing is ever guarenteed but it was certainly worth trying. They are very reputable and honest and love the thrill of finding someone's dream car that may be difficult at best to find. Oh, and if you do call Scott, please tell him Sal in Florida with the Mag Red vert he found says hi!(I promise I get no commission but I was so pleased with their service, I promised him I would highly recommend them to anyone else who was in a similiar bind. Good Luck.

Payments:XM

Let's see; Onstar, XM, Cable or Dish, Internet, Cell Phone, Home Phone, Beeper. Any of these we really need? I figure
for me Home phone, Dish, could get along without internet but then I would miss you guys and gals.

wwr

I just got back from the dealer and the newer XM antennas look ten times better. They are painted to match the vehicle and are much more stream lined than the first "Wart Looking" ones. I only saw them on the Verts though, his Coupes weren't equipped. Is this new one available for the coupe also? Has anyone been able to verify the placement of the 2006 Antenna in the side mirror?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom