Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Xzilon or Glassshield paint protection .

tommy9052

Corvette
2011 Grand Sport Coupe
Hi ,New to the forum, I'm going to be picking up my 2011 GS Coupe this week. The dealer offered Xzilon paint protection system that last 5years with no need to wax car at all. One of the girls in my Club just had her car done with Glassshield Paint protection and loves it. She is in another Vette club too and 2 people had it done 2 years ago on their Vettes and they look better than new still. I've never heard of this until this past week, I'm on the fence..........Anyone else use anything like these? Thanks in advance Tommy

So-called permanent or semi-permanent waxes, glaze glosses etc. should be properly identified as "Additional Dealer Markup." They have been around for 50 years in one form or another, and I've yet to see proof that they do anything. Modern clear coat paint has made upkeep so easy that a couple of easy 20 minute polish coats a year makes the car look terrific.

Dealer installed interior protection is only a little better.

Hi ,New to the forum, I'm going to be picking up my 2011 GS Coupe this week. The dealer offered Xzilon paint protection system that last 5years with no need to wax car at all. One of the girls in my Club just had her car done with Glassshield Paint protection and loves it. She is in another Vette club too and 2 people had it done 2 years ago on their Vettes and they look better than new still. I've never heard of this until this past week, I'm on the fence..........Anyone else use anything like these? Thanks in advance Tommy

With my previous vettes I use to enjoy detailing and waxing when it was needed. However, as time passes (age) the more time I wanted to spend driving and cruising rather then spending the day in the garage waxing and/or polishing.
So with that in mind I went the route of 5 Star polish. I was using Rejex but switched to 5 star because Rejex doesn't provide any uv protection.
Below is the link which will help you decide...
http://www.5starshine.com

5 star's active ingredient is Teflon, (ptfe) certainly slippery, but not really known as a shine enhancer in anything I've heard or read.

P9060007.jpg
5 star's active ingredient is Teflon, (ptfe) certainly slippery, but not really known as a shine enhancer in anything I've heard or read.

I applied 5 Star after taking delivery in Dec.07. This picture was taken in 09' - almost a year has passed and all I do is wash and dry.

Hi Tommy,

I'm the one who had Glasshield applied on my '05 Daytona Sunset Orange convertible two years ago, and I love it! I have not put one coat of wax, polish and not even detail spray on the car in the past two years. I spray water on it when it needs it and an occasional wash. The car looks fantastic with the paint looking so wet and deep. I'm a believer!

www.premiervehiclerestoration.com - My front wheel is on this site as well as a full picture of my Corvette.

Elaine

Hi Elaine

Hi Elaine, This is Tommy from Eastern Mass C.C. I called Mal the other night and she said she got it since your car looks so good. I had AJ up to our cruise night yesterday. I am going to have my New GS done when it comes in up at MacMulkin . I think 2 other guys are having him do their cars to, one of them being a new ZR1. He did demos at our cruise on headlights,tail lights and the ZR1 exhaust tips. they all look amazing.He says I wont get those "spider webs " in the paint that drove me crazy in my 05. (it was garaged and washed by hand ,not below the belt line yada yada yada and still got them )So anything to protect the paint I'm all for. I hope to see you and your car real soon. Thanks again Tommy

Tommy,

So glad to hear that you actually saw some Glasshield demostration. Like many other Corvette owners, I have spent thousands of hours waxing, polishing over and over. Now, I just want to drive the car!! I know you'll love it!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom