Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Yes we all love them........

corvette addict

Corvette
2015 Z51 Black/Black
Yes, we all love them and its in our nature to "protect" them. It's also difficult to pay that much money and admit we got a very bad quality example. The fact is most of what I see are lots of problems with these C7s. We can all say it's a new model so its bound to have problems but at the prices that GM has attached to these cars it's ridiculous. Rattles, rear end leaks, Nav, failures, just read the posts. I guess GM will never change because they know they will sell no matter what. Maybe they'll get them right one day. I don't have the patience to drop off, sit around, its on order, that's the way its supposed to act excuses anymore. Maybe they will get the car we love built correctly one day and some of us can buy one. Maybe some of us don't have that many years left to wait. Its just a shame that there is that much loyalty and GM doesn't really care. It has been a long time since that first '67 but as a kid I don't remember that many problems, that one anyway. I don't why I wrote this but I added one up the other
day and thought how they raised the price $2000 and $3000 the first year after the guy said"if you can afford a 2013 you can afford a 2014" right. Of course they sell "all we make" Believe me I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU GUYS ITS MY CAR! It still is disappointing.

Thanks guys,

That's why I'm
corvette addict

While The Stingray isn't Toyota Corolla reliable, I think the worse possible scenario has occurred. Two major Auto publications have had mammoth highly visible engine failures during testing, and that is a big deal that should embarrass everyone at Chevy and GM. One of the cars was a highly thrashed press Z06 car that was not checked over and prepped after the preceding thrashing. Again shame on GM. A bonehead move.

Meanwhile back in the real world, it seems the common folks may be doing better. The guys I know with 14s and 15s haven't had major issues, and some (like me) haven't had any issues at all.

Remember, Chevy has produced 75,000 or so Stingrays. There are going to be failures when that many high performance machines in the hands of that many high performance drivers. Having said all that, it's obvious that Corvette engineering paid more attention to all-out performance than reliability. They obviously took too much stock in the almost universal praise heaped on the C7 when it was released. (Case in point - specifying a synthetic blend for base C7) That was stupid on too many levels to detail.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Stingray to a potential buyer, GM's stupidity notwithstanding.

My Reply

Yes they are not Toyotas or a Lexus. It does seem to me out the door first should not be the mantra.
Fix them correctly even if it slows the sales down. Not many folks buy something else if they want a Corvette. This is just talk because the fans won't change an GM has shown THEY will never change.

Thanks for the reply,

Corvette addict

My 2014 Stingray Z51 Premier Edition (Number 283) has only one visit to the dealer. The center stack display decided to take a crap. That was over a year ago. Since then, no problems, just hard driving and a lot of positive comments wherever I go. This is my 12th Corvette since 1993. They just keep getting better, styling, comfort, performance and reliability. Out of the 12, only 3 have had to have warranty work done. I by no means coddle these cars, I also don't drive quite as hard as Six Shooter but, that is another story altogether. When the press gets a bad one it reflects poorly on a car the press often treats like a Conservative politician and the press acting as if it is the New York Times. Corvette, no matter what year has always provided a bargain in the performance market. I will always pick Corvette over the competition. It is an American icon and, rightly so. Do I think it could do without Nav, Hotspot and all the other crap that the new generations yearn for? Of course but, I am just getting old and still know how to read a map and can live without having to check a Twitter account or an email every 2 minutes. That's just my opinion and you are welcome to disagree.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom