Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

You have GOT to be kidding me

Surf, I cannot access ebay from work...what is the poop.

Surf, I cannot access ebay from work...what is the poop.

Critt99

The link leads to an Ebay auction for a...
"1987 Callaway Corvette Twin Turbo with 10,660 original miles." The opening bid is $1000 and it list a Buy it Now price of $49,500. Color is close to my C5, interior listed as "gray".

Seller has 100% positve feedback, but only 8 feedback entries. The car is in Las Vegas.

I'll try to post a photo but you may see the red X if lister has links blocked.

Hopefully this will at least give your curiosity some relief until you can get home to check it out for yourself.

:w Jane Ann

4123_3.JPG

I'm guessing the unbelievable part is that they are selling the twin-turbo, but apparently keeping the hideous '98 Pace Car?

41c9_12.JPG

;)

The car looks nice with the '88-89 wheels.

No the kicker is that car just sold in the last week or so.

A speculator trying to make a buck, he knows nothing about the car or its value. That car will end up being the black speedster all over again.

I'm guessing the unbelievable part is that they are selling the twin-turbo, but apparently keeping the hideous '98 Pace Car?

41c9_12.JPG

;)

The car looks nice with the '88-89 wheels.

I like the 98 pace car. I have had mine since 1999. Always gets attention. I think you either like it or not. My wife says we won't ever sell that one. I say the same think about the Callaways.:D

Hey, is it me, or is there a small antenna sprouting from the front windshield near where the rearview mirror mounts?

Yea thats an OLD fixed cellular antenna

I like the pace car too... :ugh

What's wrong with this particular Callaway?

These cars are getting more and more attention, particularly with the 20th anniversary milestone and the various events (NCM, Carlisle) which will honor it this year. This means that values will adjust upward accordingly so I am not surprised that values WILL go up and some people are trying to get ahead of the game.

I see nothing wrong with this and have seen this happen with other cars, GNX's as an example. Seeing the sudden jump in other similar cars, I would expect this to be the new going rate for '87 B2K's and more optioned and documented B2K's cars will adjust similarly.

-Luigi
:cool

I have no problem with prices going up :) I just don't want to see speculators trying to do it.

No the kicker is that car just sold in the last week or so.

A speculator trying to make a buck, he knows nothing about the car or its value. That car will end up being the black speedster all over again.

Surf...what did it sell for, do you know?

TAC

As long as prices are going up, I have no objections as to who wins because ultimately we all win. ;)

-Luigi
:cool

I E-mailed the seller. According to him:eyerole The car did come from Colorado but not recently! His reserve is a staggering $49,250.00. We all have dreams I guess! What are the odds that the only 2 automatics from 87 are both Dark Red, both from Colorado, and both went up for sale within a month of one another?

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the Lingenfelter Performance throttle body plate.

;shrug

If it sold somewhere outside of ebay, they need to close the auction. The ebay auction is still live and closes march 16th 7pm pdt. Current bid is at 10,100.01 with the reserve still not met.

It was advertised in the Callaway Marketplace, and sold a couple weeks ago :cool

The new "owner" has listed the car that they recently purchased, on the ebay site.

I hope this helps :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom