Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Your Hp Setups

kridgley

Corvette
1975 Corvette, White T-Top
Hey all;

Now that winter is upon most of us, I thought we could share with each other for fun our engine and drivetrain setups ... whose got teh best and what is their setup?? I am running a newly rebuilt 350 with the standard headers and stock tranny, not too spectacular, but its a VETTE :) , please share////

Kevin

L-48

Not to big of a high performance monster here....original factory 350...Edelbrock Performer intake and Polished Performer 600 carb....headers with Flowmaster cans...converted to hei ignition in factory distributor...new rear end...switched from 3:08 to 3:55...
Mine came with this setup...aside from the carb , i went to Edelbrock after the holly leaked..I guess about 230 hp...(next cruise fest im in on the dyno run!)
Its not about speed for me....im comfortable with the snap it has from standing to speed....I love the way it makes me feel when i drive her.
-Chas:w

Nothing special here either. Just a cruiser and no racing. I have Comp Cams XE262, Trick Flow Aluminum Heads, Performer Intake and Holley 670 Street Avenger Carb. When I dynoe the car it made 252 RWHP and 300 RWTQ. I have since played with the timing and it seems to have more pep than it ever has. I may have to go and do the dyno thing once again just to see if I really picked up any HP.

Bone stock here except no catalytic converter to clog things up. Plenty of pep for me. Doesn't take much throttle input to start going sideways.

:beer

I have a 460 with a good set of heavily reworked heads, full roller setup, 8-71 blower, 15% overdriven for 12 pounds of boost, twin reworked 850 double pumper carbs, tremec 5 speed and countless suspension modifications.
goodmotor.jpg

Project started 10/20/03
Modified, Built and Installed By Me. Fresh Vortec 350 "R" engine W/ Cam, 1.6 Roller rockers, HD valve springs, Vortec Intake, Re-worked (by me) Q-jet Carb, Electric Fuel pump, HEI, Hooker Headers/Sidepipes, HD Clutch & lightweight Flywheel, gear reduction starter, poly mounts, Hurst shifter, New Tires, Brakes, pace car Spoiler ..... I'm sure there's more
So Far I've Also Removed all the trim,stripped the paint with razor blades, repaired a few spots, Epoxy primered the entire car & shot the first coat of 2K sandable primer.... Now I'm in the process of sanding, Icing and spot priming before I shoot her Mille Red Again!!!
The best part is I drive her to work almost every day!!!!

stock lower end w/ stock internals and heads. rpm air gap, 625 demon, headers, no clutch fan, no smog pump, hi flowing cat, and just one of the many that did the gear swap this year to a 3.54

Now--Stock quad carb-with larger jets, Performer intake, 180 AFR's, Comp Cams XE262, Comp 1.6 roller tips, Roller timing gear, Shift kit, Stock 3.08 rear end and transmission.
After she becomes classic a bigger cam, dist. advance kit, jet coat headers, dual exhaust, no air pump, no cat., maybe 3.55 rear-end.

Mine has a fresh .040 over 350 flattop pistions,HO 305 heads ported polished and with 2.02 & 1.60 valves.488 lift with 292 duration cam,Wieand intake port matched and a tricked out caddy carb on that.Full length headers side pipes 3.54 gear and a MSD 6a ign.Oh and no cats or feedback carb dist.

stock bottom end ,heads are ported polished and gasket matched, 460 lift cam,weiand excellerator intake, holley 680 double pumper,headers,tranny is a th350 with a shift kit, and a 2400 stall convertor .rear end is still a 3.08 to keep it highway driveable for now.

i'm 2 1/2 years into this build and havent driven her yet,next spring for sure.
my best guess is sligtly over 300 h.p.but the 75 came with only 165 h.p. and 275 ft lb of torque so the torque numbers should be impressive (relatively speaking) mike

Mine is Dangermouse test 14 from Super Chevy magazine.

Vortec heads, hypereutectic pistons, Edelbrock performer intake, Edelbrock 600cfm carb,Accell HEI ignition, Edelbrock aluminum water pump, home build aluminum radiator shroud w/2750cfm electric fan, Comp Extreme Energy 262H cam,Hooker headers and Hooker 2 1/4 mandrel bent true duals, Monza twin tip mufflers out the back. 4 on the floor now, but 700R4 by spring.

Approximate 390HP 430 Ft/Lbs torque
best ET 14.2 @3200ft 99MPH (severe traction problem)

I've got the 77 L48 engine. Trying to get a little more power out of it and be able to use the mods with the higher hp crate motor that I would eventually like to put in it.

True dual with 2 1/4 inch pipe, high flow cats, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers and an H pipe.

Edelbrock Performer intake with K&N air filter.

MSD distributor recurved with 36 degrees of advance coming in at 3200 rpm and an MSD 6AL box.

Started at 180. Probably around 220, give or take, at this point.

.040 over 350
edelbrock cam
1.6 roller rockers.......creating .510 lift intake .544 lift exhaust
234/244 dur@.50
Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake
Dart 2.02 heads....62cc chambers slightly massaged
Hooker super comp ceramic headers
custom 2.5 stainless exhaust to Flowmaster 40s
Mighty Demon 650 carb
3.55 posi
4 speed muncie
10.32/1 comp

running at 424 hp at 4200 rpm and 449 ft/lbs at 4400 rpm

nice little motor......

71 Coupe (The Great White Shark)...

Engine: 1976 10 to 1 406ci with Trick Flow Heads, CC 268 + 1.6 Rockers, Performer Manifold and Q-Jet, 1 5/8" LT Headers, Dual 2.25" Pipes into 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbos, with a recurved HEI and Crane Adjustable Vacuum Advance. It's making 375 HP at 4900, and 455 FT/LBS at 3750 (that's NET at the crank). The engine was built to pass CA Smog Tests, but is now smog exempt so perhaps it'll get upgraded someday.

Drivetrain: Modified 1989 700R4 with Vette Converter, built by the Toy Shop in LA, CA, with a 1963 3.08 Posi Pumpkin.

Suspension: VB&P 460 Front Coils cut 2/3 of a Coil (roughly 500lbs), and a custom 345lb Fiberglass Rear Spring with Bilstein Sport Shocks. The Sway Bars are 1 1/8" VB&P front and a GM 9/16" rear.

Steering: Steeroid's Rack and Pinion.

Wheels and Tires: Late C3 15 X 8 Alloys with BFG 255/60ZR/15 R1's.

Curb Weight: With half a tank of gas and all fluids, but w/o driver she's right at 3150 lbs. That includes AC, PS, PB, T/T, PW, Radio, Fire Extinguisher and Shoulder Belts. The weight savings were accomplished by the use of late C3 alloy wheels, an aluminum water pump, aluminum heads, an aluminum manifold, headers, 81 leather seats, the fiberglass rear spring, the 700R4, the Steeroid’s Rack and Pinion Steering, and a late C3's Space Saver Spare Tire.

Performance: Best 1/4 Mile was 12.87 at 112 MPH, at 330 feet elevation (Searspoint). She also does about 18MPG at cruise.

Doug

Mines a 388sbc with a TKOP 5spd and 3.90 rear gears. The engine is a mech roller cam with 11.0:1 compression, 4.125 bore, 3.625 stroke, 6.0" rods, 210RR AFR heads, Dart Little M block etc. Still a few bugs to work out on this setup, but fun so far with a 12.8 1/4 @ 114 mph :)

388frontinstalled.jpg

Several, but one of my Favorites is,

Starting with a rust free 1968 SS 396 Camaro with a turbo 400, a box stock new 454 LS7 crate engine of unknown HP replaced the slow 396/350 which was a easy drop in installation. Because the engine comes with out a intake or ignition, a matched port 67 polished L88 intake to a pair of Dart large square port polished aluminum heads donated by George Delorian including longer 7/16`s pushrods and the necessary longer head bolts quickly dumped 70 lbs off the front end. For the carb and ingnition, a 850 DP Holley 4 bore and adding a stock 1975 GM HEI distributor quickly solved those additional problems. Hooker 2/1/4 tube into 3 1/2" collectors ceramic coated Super Comp headers with 3" Walker race mufflers exiting at the tire fixed the exhaust. Internal engine components are still stock if 12.5-1 compression and a 600 lift cam is considered that way. Radiator, fuel pump, and water pump are all stock also. We did make all the pulleys except at the balancer from billet aluminum stock and then polished those too. The stock 12 bolt gear was upgraded to 4.56 ratio and a polished case manual shifting turbo 400 with a 3500 stall converter finished the job. The car appears to be bone stock with the 396 fender emblems still attached until it`s started. Thats where the compression can really be heard at a nice steady 850 RPM idle. A real cackel fest. With the addition of 9" slicks this noisy sucker consistantly ran 11.2`s at 120+. And this is why it`s one of my street favorites ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom