Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 BRAKE ROTORS

EVIL TWIN

Corvette
Callaway SC Z06 Z16, Vintage 64 roade racer, and ?
Anyone have any idea why GM decided to put regular rotors on such a great car ? Mine is a 2004 LE Mans. Plain jane rotors. One would think that they would have put on drilled or slotted rotors on such a machine.......?

What has any one replace them with and what where your costs and results ? I'm looking to upgrade my brakes.

Because drilled and sloted rotors tend to crack under severe use.

Plus when you need replacements, they are under $30 at Napa!

Compare that to a C-6 stock rotor cost!

From what i've read the stock brakes stop you from 60mph in about 105 feet and i dont know why you would need something that is more prone to damage for a negligible performance increase.

The drilled rotors do look good but thats about all.

Anyone have any idea why GM decided to put regular rotors on such a great car ? Mine is a 2004 LE Mans. Plain jane rotors. One would think that they would have put on drilled or slotted rotors on such a machine.......?

What has any one replace them with and what where your costs and results ? I'm looking to upgrade my brakes.

We had a session with a Corvette Z06 engineer one day and he said all their research pointed to no performance benefits for getting drilled or slotted rotors. They put them on the C6 for aesthetics only.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom