Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 damaged

R

RRR240Plus

I found this on www.ecocar.com

2003 Z06 with 3400 miles, manual transmission: $24900.

Damage report: hood, head lamp right, fender right, back glass, bumper cover front, bumper cover rear, quarter panel right.

Does the price look resonable? :)

Interesting place. There's also a 2000 6 spd for 10,900. Talk about a bodyman's special!

Chuck

Kinda looks like the drivers door is the only panel un-damaged.
Was the car totalled?
Or didn't the guy have insurance and can't afford to fix it?

Thanks. :cool

HOTMOTORSPORTS, Corvette-Pilot is the 2000 6. spd. worth checking out?
I am not capable of buying any of these cars now, but am just trying to learn which adds are worth looking into. Are these to good to be true?

How much would it cost (app.) to fix the blue Z06? :confused :D

You can be a proud owner of the 2000 6 spd for 10,900, but the work it needs will probably keep you from actually taking it anywhere (besides on a trailer) for quite a while and alot of money.

Besides all the panels, there are so many inside panels and supports. With the new C5 Corvette, every piece has something to do with supporting the next piece. It's an engineering marvel, but is very sensitive to any piece getting dislodged from another.

For example, next time you look under the hood of a C5, look to see the inside wheelwell. It's attached to everything it can be and without it, several components and supports would have no place to hang on to, and the next piece would have nothing to hold to, etc, etc.

Hidden damage is the most costly part of an accident (the unknown).

To me, the pictures on both cars showed quite a bit of damage and the price probably matches the extent of the damage. This company does this for a living so I would expect they know the price point (leaving room for negotiation).

Chuck

Not to mention the vehicles were probably totaled out, and have salvage titles. That would be the first question- is the title straight or salvage??

Man, what a crying shame- it hurts to see those Vettes all mangled up..

Jeff

I checked the title. The 2000 6 spd. has a »REBUILDABLE« ??? title and the Z06 is... gone. Cool looks like she found a new home. :w
I don't get this though. There are a few titles these cars get. But why the EXPORT title? What has happened to the car that must be sold abroad.
Some explanations say these cars have »Non-repairable documents« and can't be titled again in some states. They have been totaled even though they are not COMPLETELY DAMAGED. So, I've seen some cars that have been for example vandalized but bran new in other view and the owner probably claimed insurance. ??? If this is true, why the EXPORT title. They are not ruined, are they? :confused

I am interested because of the looooower prices. This could be they way to owing a dream Corvette, someday in..... far distant future and maybe some other nice car in the near(er) future. :D

A salvage title means it can be rebuilt, but the State Police/Highway Patrol must first inspect it and make sure it is 100% highway ready, and give it their okay. The title will always have the history of being a total loss somewhere in its lifetime. This could be a problem in resale value down the road, especially if you ever sell it- "yeah, it was totaled out before, but...." now you know what that will mean.

Just a heads up here. Not to mention the repair $$$$ up front, and you never know about the hidden damage too. That may mean the differnece in alot of drivability or again, resale $$..

Jeff

HOTMOTORSPORTS, cool, thanks. :D
Where could I get some images to go along with your information. Searched the web, found quite a few books, but from a description it’s hard to tell which are really useful. ;help
Are there any books that show what to be careful of when buying a C3, C4 or C5 Corvette with detailed images?

6SpdZ06, thank you. The resale value problem would ofcourse emerge, but I am far from buying an exotic car like Vette, a dream which I hope someday I’ll be able to reach.
I am looking for something cheap to buy and maintain (4 cyl.), let’s say a Volvo 480 Turbo or something similar (It can be easily tuned to cca 160 PS). And I will probably own this car for quite a few years (10?) and after that and a low price offer (the only option :L) no buyer will be bothered with the history. :gap

The path to owing a Corvette somehow sooner could be the export title. I've seen some cars that were not crashed and got an export title. For example someone broke the lights and bumped the car all around.... Where's the catch? Why didn't the owner fix the car? :(

Lart

RRR240Plus,

I don't think there are any books out there that will give you a real idea how everything comes together like a 3D actual view. Look closely at the next Corvette Show. If someone has a service manual, that could give you an idea.

Maybe a Corvette will be closer than you think. It happens that way sometimes.

Good Luck,

Chuck

Well these cars are in florida.
Florida has Rebuildable titles, and certificate of destruction.
You have to check with your state and see how they run things.
For example a car with a florida certificate of destruction will never be on the road again well at least in the states I deal with michigan becasue thats my resident state and North carolina becasue Thats where I am stationed, You have to contact your DMV and figure out there rules for rebuilding a car.

I would have loved to get the Z06 but it was a bit steep for the damage it had.

Is if fixable absolutly Will you make money on it NO.
Just like the others have said it will alway be branded with "previous salvage"

But hell it would be a perfect canidate for the track!
and its a bargin way to get into the dream car you want as long as you dont mind the history, Im actually looking at the 96 It sitll has a good nose on it! thats rare!

good to fix or part out probably part that baby out or stick it n ebay.

and about the export title.
I bought a 89 convertible when I was stationed in japan and It had a japanesse title. When I brought it back to the states I walked into Michigan DMV and turned it in and got a michigan title no questions asked.. My car had never been title in the states so I believe there would still be some history by the vin no matter weather it was shipped to another country the thing with that is they can ship it over seas and sell it clean I think...

have fun looking for a car.

johnny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom