Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 On National Geographic

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
Any of you see the show on National Geographic last night (Thursday, Feb 28)? It was really good. The subject was all about the new Z06. They went through the plant and the engine building steps at the engine plant.

If you missed it you might check Nat Geo listings and see if is going to come around again. It was worth the time.:beer

I assume that was from Ultimate Factories? It has been on before, and it is on my Tivo. I visited the factory during the 2006 CAC Cruise Fest, so it was great to see the factory again on this show. Pretty cool stuff!

I assume that was from Ultimate Factories? It has been on before, and it is on my Tivo. I visited the factory during the 2006 CAC Cruise Fest, so it was great to see the factory again on this show. Pretty cool stuff!

I believe that is it!:beer

Can you believe the statement they made that the torque tube transfers energy from the transmission to the engine! Ha ha!

s'noJob

I hear that "The Ultimate Factories" show to see is the one about the BMW factory.
I saw that one, and the Z06 factory the other night.
They use less than 1 gallon of paint (and I believe that includes primer) to paint the Miatas.

I saw that one, and the Z06 factory the other night.
They use less than 1 gallon of paint (and I believe that includes primer) to paint the Miatas.

Some 'Vettefolk seem to use 1 gallon of car wax on their cars!

s'noJob

I wasn't as impressed with the BMW Z4 episode of Ultimate Factories. The Ferrari episode last season on the 559 was definitely worth seeing though.

I was rewatching the Z06 episode the other day. When they talked about the car sometimes they would go to a computer animated car where the body panels would fly off and they would talk about different aspects of the design. Did anyone else notice that those body panels are for the ZR-1? ;) I had to rewind it to watch again as the hood had the bulge and a shape for the cutout over the supercharger. This show aired before the unveiling of the ZR-1 if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was a goof or not. Those that have it recorded check it out. :)

Leon

I was rewatching the Z06 episode the other day. When they talked about the car sometimes they would go to a computer animated car where the body panels would fly off and they would talk about different aspects of the design. Did anyone else notice that those body panels are for the ZR-1? ;) I had to rewind it to watch again as the hood had the bulge and a shape for the cutout over the supercharger. This show aired before the unveiling of the ZR-1 if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was a goof or not.

They probably either thought nobody would notice, or didn't count on CAC forum members to watch the show!!

s'noJob

I wasn't as impressed with the BMW Z4 episode of Ultimate Factories. The Ferrari episode last season on the 559 was definitely worth seeing though.

I was rewatching the Z06 episode the other day. When they talked about the car sometimes they would go to a computer animated car where the body panels would fly off and they would talk about different aspects of the design. Did anyone else notice that those body panels are for the ZR-1? ;) I had to rewind it to watch again as the hood had the bulge and a shape for the cutout over the supercharger. This show aired before the unveiling of the ZR-1 if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was a goof or not. Those that have it recorded check it out. :)

Leon

The Ferrari episode aired just before the Z06 the other night.

National Geo show was GREAT

I just saw the Hand Made episode on the C6 Corvette. Looks great in HD! I do have to admit as a corvette owner I thought this show was great, but the episode directly before it was on the Ferrari 599 Fiorano and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW. The Ferrari facilities were beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Pure engineering and pure genius. But I am still proud to own a vette ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom