Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Style Intake Manifold

TODD L GRIFFITH

Corvette
99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold
I ordered the SLP Z06 style intake manifold, along with a new 80mm throttle body. I already have done all the intake and mass air flow upgrades ahead of time. I've also ordered larger fuel injectors, (1#) more to 26#. Has anyone purchased any of these upgrades, and do they have any advise?

Just the maf and translator. The intake should help. I think the heads would help even more. Need mod money:dance :BOW

Les the man!

It's like one big snowball. I read something online doing my research that was disturbing. I read that the stock injectors were 25#. Tonight I read that they were 26.4#. I could be lean and not need the translator. I think 30# with the translator would solve that problem. What do you think?

The translator and some dyno time will take care of your fuel/air mix. I think your going to need that with the mods your planning. You would not believe how lean I was running before I got my translator dialed in. Talk about SOTP power.

Now we are getting somewhere. C5 talk coming on strong. :)

Todd:

You will have the hotest car on Route 3 after all those mods.

Tom

Mass Air Flow Translator

Les,
I bought the Translator and installed it. I'm waiting for the Z06 Intake Manifold to come in. It is back ordered. I installed the 80mm throttle body anyhow. Third gear is totally unreal! So far I have a 6" round K&N conical truck filter with a 4"x3" round connection to a 80mm nylon mass air flow sensor. Behind that is the Vortex Power Duct leading to the throttle body. I have removed the fog lamp ports and removed 75% of the radiator shroud. Air comes in underneath unobstructed, and through the ports to a totally exposed filter. Still I run @ 170 degrees on the hottest days due to the 160 degree powerstat. The throttlebody is coolant by-passed. Other mods. are a programmable Jet chip, recalibrated MAT sensor, and ofcourse no mufflers, straight pipe out the back to the 4" stainless resonators. My settings are BASE =1 @ 5% and WOT=4 @ 8%. I still need dyno time, but I'm waiting for the intake and new injectors. No use running lean till then. Heads, Cam and Headers are in my future. More mod. money is correct!

WOW!!

I found out that on hot days mine ran much leaner.I think my settings are the same as yours and it's been tested. You are moving some air with those mods. I removed the MAT sensor when I installed the translator. Kind of rendundant. The MAF translator is doing the tricking. I can't wait to see your dyno numbers.:_rock :dance

Les, MAFT Settings

I've altered the settings somewhat, Base=2 and WOT=5 and it seems to be ok. I've installed the new intake this week and bumped the numbers one setting. The first week in October I'm going to have the car dynoed. We will see then where it ends up.
I let my neighbor take the car for a spin. He drove it without the mods. before. He came back and said that the car is "sick". (In a good way!) After I installed the intake manifold, I got a 10PCM P0327 DIC code, lost my front Knock Sensor. I had to remove the intake all over again and replaced the sensor, what a pain. It takes about 1.5 hours being really careful. I've replaced my MAT sensor with the recalibrated one. I mounted the sensor at the base of the filter. It is redundant with nylon 80mm MAF ends. I wanted to mention that I'm running the stock injectors still. When I do the cam, heads and headers I'm going to a 30# injector at that time.

Idle Relearn

Idle relearn is an easy procedure that can be done whenever you do any type of intake work, such as adding a ported throttlebody, MAF sensor, or install a larger less restictive filter. The procedure takes approx. 5 mins., and does not require any tools. The way the procedure is done as follows:

1. Turn the key to the on position without starting the car.
2. Open the hood and open the fuse box.
3. Remove 10A fuse numbers #16 & #23. This will cause the DIC to throw alot of messages, such as traction control sys. etc. not to worry.
4. Go back inside the car and turn the key to the off position.
5. Put the fuses back into their respective slots.
6. Start the car and let idle to a temp. of at least 178 degrees.
7. When the temp. is achieved, shut the car off.
8. Wait at least 30 seconds and restart the car. and check for any DIC codes there should not be any.
9. Take the car for a ride, 30 miles or so and drive at different RPM levels and the new idle info. will be reset.
The procedure must be followed exactly, or the procedure will have to be done over again.

Thanks for the info on the idle relearn . I think my car might benifit from this. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom