Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z51 or Mag Selective Ride???

nfran2

Corvette
2013 60th Anniversary 427 vert
Going to be ordering a new 07 Vette. Want to hear from you guys on which would be best, Z51 or Mag Sel Ride. Prices are similar but have never driven a Mag equipped Vette yet. Pros & Cons????

I have read literally hundreds of posts on this subject. It all boils down to what you are really looking for. The Z51 option gives up some ride quality (albeit IMO not much over stock) to gain better handling characteristics. The F55 MSRC provides the ultimate in ride control but does not provide the Z51 level of handling. The Z51 also provides different Manual transmission ratios - which I like - and additional cooling - which is moot for me since I don't track the car.

Do yourself a favor and decide what you are looking for and then compare the two by test driving if at all possible.

Thanks The Drakester! I'v been leaning toward the Z51 and now that you mention the different gear ratios, that'll probably do it for me. I'm not going to track this car but love the handling and shifting. Great advice...I'll drive both! Thanks!

Dont forget the Z 51 approches 04 Z06 levels, according to Corvette Quarterly.

I have an 05 Z 51 and plain and simple, the car is just too much to drive, as way bad.

I love my Z51. Different tranny ratio, larger brakes(mine squealed until I changed the pads to ceramic), tranny cooler, stiffer suspension(it's a sports car-quit whining about the stiff ride). I would buy another Z51 in a heartbeat.

F-55 if you have bad roads you have to drive on. It keeps Corvette planted on ground and makes for a more comfortable ride.

F-55 if you have bad roads you have to drive on. It keeps Corvette planted on ground and makes for a more comfortable ride.

I agree.
Besides in 07, the F55 comes with the big brakes from the Z51 package also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom