Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Z51 suspension and car goes left on accerleration

Kawasakisteve

Corvette
1990 c4 tpi
As the title states my car is fitted with adjustable suspension and it doesn't work. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Also the car goes to the left when I hit the gas no matter how gentle I am with it and when I lift off it goes right. I've just had it M.o.t tested which is a safety check here in the uk and myself and the tester couldn't find out why everything seems tight as a drum the only advisory I got us that the parking brake could be better so I'm not sure where to start.

I did get a set of strengthening plates that go along the transmission tunnel but I don't think it's chassis weakness as it does it no matter how gentle you are with the throttle.

Thanks.

Check the rear toe rod ends for play. It takes very little play to make a big change.

:beer

The car doesn't need C-beam plates at this point.

Check the entire suspension for worn bushings, worn front or rear tie rods, worn wheel bearings, loose suspension mountings, bent rear control arms or lateral links. Next, make sure the power train mountings, two on the engine and two on the rear axle housing are tight.

Then, have the front and rear ends aligned.

Totally agree with Hib.

Have you installed C Beam plates?.
Yes, waste of money, IMO. Same problem; no change after. Sixteen new heim joints helped quite a lot, however.

Obviously, something is moving/shifting in the suspension under load/no-load; probably the rear. I suggest finding out, as has been recommended, what is worn and replace it or every bushing, etc. back there.
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom