Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! ZO6 Replacement Windshield

TheBugster

Corvette
2007 Yellow ZO6
Does anyone know the correct GM part number for a 2007 ZO6 replacement windshield? I've been given different numbers by two different dealers. One number is 15778613, the other is 25821511. The latter numbered windshield was installed in my car today. It seems fine except that the HUD is lower on the windshield than it was on the original windshield and it goes out of focus if I raise it to the height of the original. I'm wondering what the difference is between the two part numbers and if the incorrect one was installed. I would appreciate any information that would help sort this out.

The Bugster

HI there,
The critical point is if you do or do NOT have GPS.
This is given by your VIN.
15878613 is the one FOR GPS.
The other number is WITHOUT.
HUD DOES NOT AFFECT PART NUMBER.
Allthebest, c4c5

Hi c4c5 Thanks for the reply. I'm still puzzled because I do have GPS and it works fine with the installed windshield. The parts guy at my dealership (who had my VIN) at first said I had the wrong one but after more extensive searching said the one I had was correct. GPS wouldn't work with the wrong windshield would it? Doesn't the correct windshield come with part of the GPS embedded in it? If you can shed any further light on this I sure would appreciate it. TheBugster

Bugster,
By chance does your newly installed windshield have the printed text as pictured? I would think with that noted text on the glass there is a difference between hud and non-hud glass. :beer

HUDwindshield.jpg

Does anyone know the correct GM part number for a 2007 ZO6 replacement windshield? I've been given different numbers by two different dealers. One number is 15778613, the other is 25821511. The latter numbered windshield was installed in my car today. It seems fine except that the HUD is lower on the windshield than it was on the original windshield and it goes out of focus if I raise it to the height of the original. I'm wondering what the difference is between the two part numbers and if the incorrect one was installed. I would appreciate any information that would help sort this out.

The Bugster

Woz Z06 Thank you for the picture. My new windshield does indeed have this exact information on the lower right corner. You are correct about there being different part numbers ( and different printed text ) on HUD and non HUD windshields. Thanks again. The Bugster

USA1Z06 Thank you very much. Now I'm confident I have the correct windshield ( GM Part Number 25821511 ). Your information confirms what the Parts Manager at my dealership was telling me, that either number would be correct. I might mention that Safelite did a good job installing the windshield. They did it at their shop in about an hour and a half. There are no leaks, no paint damage, and the trim looks good.
The Bugster

USA1Z06 Thank you very much. Now I'm confident I have the correct windshield ( GM Part Number 25821511 ). Your information confirms what the Parts Manager at my dealership was telling me, that either number would be correct. I might mention that Safelite did a good job installing the windshield. They did it at their shop in about an hour and a half. There are no leaks, no paint damage, and the trim looks good.
The Bugster

I am thinking about having my windshield replaced. That's what got me reading this Thread and checking prices and part #'s. I have a couple chips that are not too serious and overall windshield is a bit sandblasted. I run my car from time to time at Track events mostly at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) and the Windshield and paint on the nose takes somewhat of a beating. Some speeds at VIR are over 150mph and when you come up on a car or a car passes you rocks and sand is sometimes a problem. I've been thinking about seeing if my insurance would cover the Windshield. I'm sure they probably wouldn't if they knew it happened on the Track. However if I ever get a chip from a Tractor/Trailer on the Interstate you can bet I'll turn that over to my Insurance Co. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom