Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZO6 wheels

jaxtoy

Will Z06 19" rear wheels fit regular C6. Do you guys have any pictures with that set-up. Thank you.

Will Z06 19" rear wheels fit regular C6. Do you guys have any pictures with that set-up. Thank you.

Here is what I know about this:

The C6 (non-Z06) has a 19x10 RR wheel with 285/35ZR-19 tires

The Z06 has a 19x12 RR wheel with 325/30ZR-19 tires...(about 2" wider)

This 2" additional width with the Z06 wheel/tire combo is covered by the Z06 wider RR fender...I believe (memory ??) the offset of these wider rims is the same as the standard C6 wheel...I looked into this with the local Chevy parts guy not to long ago and he concluded that although they will mount, they will stick out pass the standard C6 fender..causing potential tire rub and road grit being thown about the exposed area of the fender....he also added that a wider tire would/could cause potential brake overheating if the car had the standard 12" rear rotors as opposed to the Z51 drilled style 13" rear rotors...:nono

As far as anyone trying this... I don't know that answer...but while at a recent Ecklers 'Vette rally, I made it a point to look for this...lots of C6's but only found wider sets on those with body mod's...(big $$) ...maybe you will get more responses from other CAC'rs ;shrug

They will fit, but stick out, and ruin your paint. Repros in stock widths are a better idea - IMHO.

They will fit, but stick out, and ruin your paint. Repros in stock widths are a better idea - IMHO.

RIGHT ON MAN....SAVE THE PAINT!!! :_rock

The offset is different. Most people go to these wheels to clear the Z06 calipers they've fitted. (Fronts especially.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom