Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 Top Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Blackened
  • Start date Start date
Hi Surfnsun,

I respect your opinion, however I stand by mine.

There's talkin & there's doin.

Hib's resume speaks for itself. He's been there & done that way more than any of us probably ever will.

"I know of .... similar to mine" is not the same as a time slip or top time of the day or 1st place in a road race.

We'll just have to agree to disagree as far as what's fact and what's wishing & hoping.

froggy47 said:
Hib's resume speaks for itself. He's been there & done that way more than any of us probably ever will.
Yea, the Fluidyne radiator is drop in fit :eyerole

Yea, Brian Alspaugh makes the headers he sells :eyerole

Both comments from Hib :eyerole

vettl83 said:
Question here guys, what did Calloway do to get 256 mph out the car he called the Sledge Hammer? I saw it auctioned off on tv at one of those high end auto auctions. They claimed it was totally streetable, and on a C-4 platform. The winning bid was just over 200K. Later 84 CF 91 ZR-1

Here's an interesting read on the Sledgehammer, vettl83:

http://www.callawaycars.com/Corvette/Sledgehammer/sledgehammer_article.htm

Enjoy!
Fred

froggy47 said:
Hi Surfnsun,

I respect your opinion, however I stand by mine.

There's talkin & there's doin.

"I know of .... similar to mine" is not the same as a time slip or top time of the day or 1st place in a road race.

We'll just have to agree to disagree as far as what's fact and what's wishing & hoping.
Come on down to Texas sometime. No bench racing here.

Hi 8388,

I'll come down if you let me behind the wheel of something in that stable of your's:D .

My little ole LT4 won't touch those bad boys!
Here's my daughter making like a racer.:Steer

vettl83 said:
Thanks Jim, do you believe it's streetable with that kind of horse power? Wonder what they did to get that many ponies? Thanks, 84 CF 91 ZR-1

The link posted above references one of the articles that I had read myself. I remember Reeves saying something like "Your mother could drive it to the library" or some similar content. He drove it from Old Lyme CN to the test track, in Ohio, I think. Pretty Cool!! :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom