Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 diagnostic

Steve Kosko

Corvette
77 Cstm T-Top, 92 Blue ZR1
I'm a new ZR1 owner and am learning what's normal and what's not but need help. I'm suspecting an abnormal problem with my 92 ZR1. Upon deceleration at the bottom of the RPM range at about 1500 - 2000 the engine suddenly jumps in rpm just for a second. It's like if you were to tap the accelerator with your foot. It's not to noticeable in 3rd and fourth gears but really bad in first and second. Dose any one know what could be causing this? I have done all the normal checks for vacuum leaks and found nothing. I'm wondering if one of the sensors is bad like maybe the throttle position sensor. Also I get some knocking in the engine upon acceleration, more than I think would be considered normal. I know there is a knock sensor that adjust the timing when it occurs but I'm under the impression that it is pretty quick and not readily noticeable. Are these things that would show up if I had a diagnostic done at a dealer even though nothing shows on my Driver information center on the instrument panel? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely;
Steve Kosko

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom