Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 feature Fact or Fiction?

• Thread starter Thread starter slashnick
  • Start date Start date
S

slashnick

I was discussing cars with a guy at work today and the subject of ZR1s came up. He said his dad used ot have an early 90s ZR1 and it had a switch that you could select between 6 and 8 cylinders to run on.

I immediatly told him there is no such thing, and the ZR1 didn't have any such feature. However he insisted that both his dad and his next door neighbor had ZR1s that had this switch. After that comment I made sure he was talking about the same car I was talking about since ZR1s were very expensive, and the chance of next door neighbors both owning one in the 90s it probably a long shot. He maintained that is was an early 90s ZR1 Corvette....

Now I have never driven or even sat in a ZR1, so I really was in no position to argue the point, but I have never heard of this in any Corvette. Can you owners verify if this feature exists or not? I am definatly leaning toawrd not, but I need an official ZR1 pilot to make the call. Thanks.

slashnick said:
I was discussing cars with a guy at work today and the subject of ZR1s came up. He said his dad used ot have an early 90s ZR1 and it had a switch that you could select between 6 and 8 cylinders to run on.

I immediatly told him there is no such thing, and the ZR1 didn't have any such feature. However he insisted that both his dad and his next door neighbor had ZR1s that had this switch. After that comment I made sure he was talking about the same car I was talking about since ZR1s were very expensive, and the chance of next door neighbors both owning one in the 90s it probably a long shot. He maintained that is was an early 90s ZR1 Corvette....

Now I have never driven or even sat in a ZR1, so I really was in no position to argue the point, but I have never heard of this in any Corvette. Can you owners verify if this feature exists or not? I am definatly leaning toawrd not, but I need an official ZR1 pilot to make the call. Thanks.

That feature does not exist. Cylinders are not deactivated on an LT5 engine. To find out how the valet key switch controls the primaries and secondaries, read the beginning of my article here:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/question.php?qstId=398

Thanks for the info. That sounds like a really good feature to have.

I bet neither of the two owned ZR-1's. I find it hard for anyone who bought a "Z" to be so ignorant.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom