Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZRs out and about

WhalePirot

Corvette
1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body
I saw my second, a red C6 ZR1 at a ship commissioning on Saturday. The last (yellow) one was cruising down the freeway a month ago.

I went beyond the wave, preferring the thumbs up. The red's driver revved the engine, then rolled down the window as I walked by in traffic leaving the event. I was slightly surprised how docile the beast sounded but glad that even the 'pinnacle' Corvette guys share the wave.

:w

Well that was me! Yes with the dual mode exhaust it's really quiet until you put the hammer down! The cam does not have extreme valve overlap so it idles well too.

It's my wifes daily driver! :)

Ahh. Hello neighbor, Joe. nice to meet you. Anytime you would like to give a fellow nit a closer look.............

I am on #6 which is much more old school, with a much wilder hydraulic roller,so the idle and the exhaust rumble are what some still associate with very fast cars. #7 Corvette (2005, triple black Z-51)) went back after 24 hours due to the dealer's double-sale.

Lucky wife.

Mike :w

Ahh. Hello neighbor, Joe. nice to meet you. Anytime you would like to give a fellow nit a closer look.............

I am on #6 which is much more old school, with a much wilder hydraulic roller,so the idle and the exhaust rumble are what some still associate with very fast cars. #7 Corvette (2005, triple black Z-51)) went back after 24 hours due to the dealer's double-sale.

Lucky wife.

Mike :w

What did you mean by "dealers double sale"??? Am I understanding correctly that the dealer sold the car to you and another fellow???

What did you mean by "dealers double sale"??? Am I understanding correctly that the dealer sold the car to you and another fellow???
Yes.

What I was told: "we have two similar, black cars, and we sold you the car we'd already sold".

It WAS a bit hectic for this internet sales guy, with a line outside his door for the limited availability C6s (at the time).

It was a blessing for me, actually, b/c I was not thrilled with the car, for reasons mentioned elsewhere. I still like the lines and would like having a ZR or a Z06... IF my car population ever gets lower and I am outside Californika.
:w

I haven't seen a ZR-1 being driven around yet, then again, OK doesn't seem like a big place to see things. :L

Do seem C6 Z06's from time to time, even saw one on post being driven by an enlisted guy. Wish I was enlisted!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom