Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZZ502 Accessory Drive Kits

VAroute66

Corvette
'66 Roadster
You guys who have 502s, what accessory drive kits do you use? Does the GM big block serpentine kit fit under your hoods? Thanks.

Regards
Dan

I'm surprised nobody answered this yet. Seems there was an article on serpentine systems for retrofit using GM parts in Car Craft or Hot Rod a couple of months ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Tom

Sorry this took so long. My magazine filing system leaves a lot to be desired. The issue I wanted was in my tool bag at work. It is the November issue of Car Craft; page 45 for the big block info.

The basic premise is a bracket kit that allows you to install a common and cheap to buy small block serpentine system off a 80s or 90s small block pickup truck. There are 2 different type systems so be sure not to mix parts. They don't interchange.

The bracket kit is available from Kwik Performance, Springfield MO (417-955-1467) kwikperf.com . Contact them for details on the install. I think you need to change water pumps too as they turn in the opposite direction with the serp system. The picture in the article of a system on a 396 looks like the alternator is up pretty high but it is still way below the carb height.

Also, if you get very lucky in your junkyard search, there was a factory serpentine big block system used on early '90s through year 2000 production on 3/4 and one ton trucks, Suburbans and other large trucks.

Happy hunting.

Tom

Tom,

Thank you as always. I had talked to Kwikperf, and they could not tell me if it would clear, but based on your information it is worth a try. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

V/R
Dan

Glad to help. Let us know how it works out.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom