Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need info on replacing hinge spring

I know I'm not much help, but I know there is a special tool that is sold to make the job easier. I've seen it in the catalogs and the previous owner gave one to me when I bought my car. Sorry that's all I know, so TTT for you.

I guess it was easier than I thought. Simply insert the top of the spring into the hole at the top of the hinge with the flat part lined up with the hole. Then take a small pry bar or screw driver and push the bottom end into the indent on the bottom of the hinge. Simple as that !! Fred

My drivers side door-hinge spring just broke...need to order one in :W

Maybe from eBay or Corvette America.

Trouble with mine too

On my '73 driver's side, something is not stopping the door from opening up too far and frame for the door spring has "eaten" a small "ding" on the endge of the door. I can not figure out how to stop this. Maybe some of you might have an idea to fix this problem before I begin my paint job . Please contribute.:confused

Check the passenger side and see how the mechanical stop works. That should let you see what's wrong w/ the driver's side.

Door spring

I have checked and rechecked several times and I still do not know why the framework that holds the spring in place is touching the edge of the door body. Some reason or another the door is not stopping soon enough before it hits. Have to get this fixed before I repaint the car. Any more help is still needed.
;shrug

door spring

Looked and compared the pass. side door to the drivers side and it looks like the pass. side does stop before the door spring framework hits the door. So, if I replace the drivers side spring, that will stop the door from hitting the spring frame????????????:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom