Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1980 Corvette -4 speed-12000 miles

D

Dave L.

I stopped over at my buddys vette shop this afternoon.He has an interesting car to look at he says.An older gentleman contacted him last week and told him about a vette he has in his garage.It was bought by his son new from the GM dealership I work at in HBG.It has 12000 original miles on it.It has not been on the road since 1983.The last time the engine was started was in 1987.After draining the gas tank,changing the oil,and installing a new battery this car fires right up.This car is right out of a time capsule.Interior is perfect.8 track tape player plays like new.The paint is good for being covered in a garage for 19 years.Original tires.Aluminum wheels need cleaned up.Original mirrored T-tops in perfect condition.The ac needs recharged.The brake calipers and master cylinder need replaced from sitting.It also needs 4 new shocks and the steering valve rebuilt.The new owner of this car would also want to replace the original tires since they are dry rotted. The owner of this car wants to sell this car'as is' if possible.My buddy told him he is looking at a 2500 bill to get it road worthy again.The 2 offers for this car so far are 8500 and 10000.If I had 1 more space in my garage I would have a survivor award winner.I just love when one of these old cars is resurrected from somebodys garage or barn. By the way,the car is silver with a red interior,L48 engine.I just wanted to share my great afternoon with you all!

Dave

just judging by what ppl have gotten on ebay l8ly, that's a good buy @ 10k.

Thats a good found there, only 12000 mi this car can rock, it's a shame that it's an L-48 because if it was an L-82 it would be worth a lot more, and would be more desirable.

Inferno- you are right,but don't forget that car is a 4 speed.Very rare in 80 and 81 as you probably know.I think all L82's in 1980 were automatics.

Dave

WOW 12,000 miles. Mines got 142,000, original Engine, and runs like a clock! You have a new car!!

I talked to my buddy at the shop today.The owner wants 12000 as it sits,before its road worthy.Thats still not bad for an original unmolested 4 speed car.For some reason though,I don't think he will see that kind of money for that car in this area,even though I think its worth it.He should haul it up to Carlisle in 3 weeks and see what kind of response it gets.I just wanted to update the status of this car.

Dave

Rich80- I know where your coming from.Mine has 108,000 and runs like a top.Just goes to show you,mileage means nothing!

Dave

Even $12K sounds pretty good. The 4-speed is what got my attention! I'm envious!

The paint, as long as it's not beat on, probably just needs a good claybar cleaning, polish & wax!

Although, the best cars are those that are run on a regular basis. Most of the vacuum lines are probably shot, as well as any residual gas has since turned to varnish. But heck, even a project car requires TLC. That car sounds like a really good deal!

He should be able to trailer it up to Carlise and come home with an empty trailer.

1980 Vette

I talked to my buddy at the shop today.The owner wants 12000 as it sits,before its road worthy.Thats still not bad for an original unmolested 4 speed car.For some reason though,I don't think he will see that kind of money for that car in this area,even though I think its worth it.He should haul it up to Carlisle in 3 weeks and see what kind of response it gets.I just wanted to update the status of this car.

Dave

If it was mine I would try E-Bay and Craigs and even NCRS. The 4-speed is a definite attraction, having base engine and not the L-82 would not matter.
I would not be in a hurry and selling for a give away price for garage kept Corvette.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom