Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1954 Corvair Fastback Project Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're only driving one truck to FL, pulling Mike's loaded trailer. Otherwise, we'd just bring the Fastback. We had made plans before I had ever thought about bringing it. I'm checking to see if I can find someone to bring it for me. Most likely, I'll just bring the roofline/trunk panels. I'll be posting pics of the build in a few weeks. Gotta get 274 out of the way and delivered as soon as the other 53 gets painted in about two weeks. Then I can start on laying up the panels in the mold.

Well guys, I will be taking a Corvair roof and trunk panel to Kissimmee next week for the NCRS Regional Event.

See you there!! Look for the Blue Flame Restorations banner in the swap area. Mike Terry and I will have two swap spaces.

Come and say hi!!!!!:beer

Once I take a good look at the REAL #029, I'll probably have a little Jeam Beam to toast the owner for finally bringing it out of hibernation.

Mold Preparation Complete

Well, the roof panel will be layed up in the morning by Mike Terry and myself. Here's some pics of it with the gelcoat applied after the mold was waxed, buffed and sprayed with Polyvinyl Alcohol mold release.

9qwps5.jpg

21axqj5.jpg

Well, here is the roof panel layed up in the mold. We're getting closer. I'll take it out of the mold Sunday afternoon...or sooner?

2i95pnq.jpg

This is a really cool project! Keep us abreast of the progress!:thumb

Great to see the progress. :w I love the smell of freshly mixed resin.

Completed Roof Panel

Here it is! Fresh out of the mold. Ready to sand.

14yahlj.jpg

2zohjz6.jpg

It is loaded up, tied down and headed for Kissimmee Monday morning. Will be there Tuesday afternoon. If anyone is wanting to see it up close and personal, look for the Blue Flame Restoration banner and it should be on display there. See you all there. :beer :beer :beer

5x95it.jpg

Brett, Is the fastback on the front burner now .

Gary :cool

Brett, Is the fastback on the front burner now .

Gary :cool

Yes. I'll begin construction in April. I have two 53's that I am in the porocess of completing. Once they are complete, I will begin construction of the first and second cars in tandem. The first car is for a customer and the second car is slated to be donated to the NCM. I was at the NCM last Monday and had the roof/trunk panels with me. Arrangements are pending.

At that point, I will build another car for Mike Terry and a street rod version for myself to keep.

I also have a Waldorf Replica that needs to be completed this year. Busy.....

WOW, I'm impressed, how do you have time to do all of this ? That would be quite an honor to have a car at the NCM, but I hope it isn't seafoam green. :D

Gary :thumb

WOW, I'm impressed, how do you have time to do all of this ? That would be quite an honor to have a car at the MCM, but I hope it isn't seafoam green. :D

Gary :thumb

The two 53's will be done by April. The Waldorf car is the next top priority to be painted this year. The chassis and interior will be completely custom and will take time.

The Fastbacks will be painted this year. One will be finished by year's end....hopefully.

Then, I have my 53 to re-paint and my Morrison car to paint/decal. Yes, a very busy year, indeed! Lots of 16 hr days.

My goal was always to have a Fastback at the NCM. That is finally becoming a reality. Donating the car was the only way to go for me. I want to contribute to the hobby in my own special way. This should do it.

My goal was always to have a Fastback at the NCM. That is finally becoming a reality. Donating the car was the only way to go for me. I want to contribute to the hobby in my own special way. This should do it.

Ans it gives you one heck of a TAX Deduction, we know your real reason:D
We all agree you need to show him up:chuckle:chuckle

Not trying to compete with anyone else at all. I'd like to think that my work speaks for itself, in the end. It'll just be a fun build and will look good at the NCM once completed.

Ans it gives you one heck of a TAX Deduction, we know your real reason:D
We all agree you need to show him up:chuckle:chuckle

Vettebrett, I am sure that it is not about the TAX Deduction nor is it about trying to show anyone up. Knowing Brett as I do, it is about doing somthing different and turning out a Top Quality Project. It is about being the best that he can be with what ever he is working on. It is just that plane and simple no more and no less.

I look forward to visiting the NCM and seeing the completed car by 53 Blue Flame.
With all his hard work and time you can't put a price on that. :w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom