Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question - Tire Pressure

PaulV

Corvette
1999 Pewter Conv.
I have a 93 w/OEM tires, what should the Tire Pressure be when cold??:confused

Should be on door jam, mine is 35 cold. A little less is ok. I remember Hib Halverson posting that a lower pressure may work better. I cannot remember exactly what is at this moment.

Thanks for the reply, I can't read my door jam sticker and my pressure went down to 27:confused

Thanks for the reply, I can't read my door jam sticker and my pressure went down to 27:confused

32 is a nice round figure. I guess you don't have the LTPWS?

As 93Rubie indicated the door sticker on 93 cars shows 35PSI. it is my understanding that was lowered to 30PSI starting in 1994 so I use that pressure in mine, definite improvement in ride quality and I have not noticed any increase in tire wear.:thumb

It's hard to go wrong on a street car with 32-33 psi cold.

As 93Rubie indicated the door sticker on 93 cars shows 35PSI. it is my understanding that was lowered to 30PSI starting in 1994 so I use that pressure in mine, definite improvement in ride quality and I have not noticed any increase in tire wear.:thumb

Correct in 94 they went to 30. I still run 35, why I don't know. From now on maybe I'll run 30 or less when I'm at the drag strip.

Did anyone notice a reduction in MPG when they started pressurizing tires at 30 instead of 35??

Did anyone notice a reduction in MPG when they started pressurizing tires at 30 instead of 35??

My 93 has a gear change, high stall converter and other mods, the car is a toy that is only driven a couple days per week so I pay no attention whatsoever to mileage. On a daily driver I would expect to see a drop in fuel economy by lowering tire pressure.

Correct in 94 they went to 30. I still run 35, why I don't know. From now on maybe I'll run 30 or less when I'm at the drag strip.
here is a tip for you at the strip run the fronts at 44 and the rear about 25. street tires hook best around 25 any less and they cup . by setting the fronts at the higher pressure you reduce the rolling resistance greatly . its worth almost a tenth at strip

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom