Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wrecked my Vette

Paul Higg

Corvette
2007 Monterey Red
Yesterday I wrecked my C5. It is totaled. No one hurt.

I am devastated.

Can anyone help with finding another C5 with all the same options?

Jesse? You out there?

Paul

Glad everyone's OK, now let's hear the details...

smiley2eatingpopcorn.gif

WOW!!! That sucks!!!!
important thing is everyone is OK...vette can be replaced!!!

DAB-NABBIT Paul..........that SUX!
BUT...........you found that one, and I'm sure that you will find another!
It's just a matter of looking till the right one pops up, but the "lookin'" part
might take awhile till you find one that YOUR satisfied with. Glad that
no one was hurt.
Andy Anderson :w

Thanks ya’ll. I appreciate your kind word. I just took photos a little while ago. I will post them in a minute.

Paul

I was taking a right turn. It was too wide. There was a line of cars stopped at a light. I first sideswiped a Cadillac. Then I hit a pickup with those huge tires. That’s what did all of the damage.

I didn’t take a photo of the driver’s door. It’s ruined too.

Got a citation for taking too wide a turn. Have no idea what that will cost.

I am 51 and this is the first accident in my entire life. Have been with State Farm since I was 17. Between them and Robin they will help me look for another car.

I am totally devastated by this loss. Yes, thank goodness no one was hurt but it leaves a huge hole in my heart.

One more thing...

Anyone know why the air bags didn’t deploy?

One more thing...

Anyone know why the air bags didn’t deploy?

It's based on the force of the impact, they usually deploy on a straight hit front or rear or on either sides left or right, yours looks like more of a side swipe that didn't generate enough force to deploy the bags from what I could tell in the pictures.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean a wide right turn? I have never heard of that in ticket lingo, and am curious as to why the ticket was written.

First, thanks for the info on the air bag sensor. It may have been a GOOD thing it didn’t deploy as I have damaged vertebrae in my neck. My doctor told me that if I was to get into an accident there is a possibility I may be paralyzed.

As for the ticket and the “wide right turn” bit. I dunno. Never heard of it either. I guess he saw it as I took the turn too far into the other lane. It was a 90 degree turn and I must have not cut it close enough to the right side. There is a drop off on the right side I was trying to avoid. I also got the feeling that he felt sorry for me as I was devastated. I really think the State police guy and the local sheriff felt real bad for me as they were consoling me. I know it sounds crazy.

But those were two of the nicest law enforcement people I have EVER met in my entire life.

I still have to pay the ticket but I have no idea what it’ll be. As I have never been in a wreck in my life I have no idea what to expect. This is all new to me. I even asked them if they were gonna arrest me, I didn’t know. They just laughed like I was a nut.

But I was really shook up. I thank God no one was hurt but it really hurts to lose something I really liked a lot. It gave me a lot of joy.

First, thanks for the info on the air bag sensor. It may have been a GOOD thing it didn’t deploy as I have damaged vertebrae in my neck. My doctor told me that if I was to get into an accident there is a possibility I may be paralyzed.

As for the ticket and the “wide right turn” bit. I dunno. Never heard of it either. I guess he saw it as I took the turn too far into the other lane. It was a 90 degree turn and I must have not cut it close enough to the right side. There is a drop off on the right side I was trying to avoid. I also got the feeling that he felt sorry for me as I was devastated. I really think the State police guy and the local sheriff felt real bad for me as they were consoling me. I know it sounds crazy.

But those were two of the nicest law enforcement people I have EVER met in my entire life.

I still have to pay the ticket but I have no idea what it’ll be. As I have never been in a wreck in my life I have no idea what to expect. This is all new to me. I even asked them if they were gonna arrest me, I didn’t know. They just laughed like I was a nut.

But I was really shook up. I thank God no one was hurt but it really hurts to lose something I really liked a lot. It gave me a lot of joy.

Sounds like a freak/bad situtation. Glad you are ok, that's the most important part.

You could be right about the air bag not deploying, they can do some damage. It is very important for any passenger or driver to be seat belted properly if an air bag goes off to keep you from the "explosion". Newer vehicles have seat belts that have a two stage buckle deployment that pulls you into the seat when an air bag is deployed, keeping you as far away from the deployment as possible. The first stage on a moderate impact pulls the seat belt in a small amount, on a hard hit it pulls it in further. If an air bag deploys many vehicles can be totaled as there are many expensive components involved in supplimental restraint systems (SRS).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom