Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Steering Column Lock

jj-vette

Corvette
2001 Navy Coupe
I have been reading about the steering column lock problem and the "fix" that GM provided. I bought my C5 last year and do not know if the "fix" was done on my car. Is there a way to find out? By the way, this is a great site. I have learned a lot about my car from reading the various posts from such an expert group. Keep up the good work!

I have been reading about the steering column lock problem and the "fix" that GM provided. I bought my C5 last year and do not know if the "fix" was done on my car. Is there a way to find out? By the way, this is a great site. I have learned a lot about my car from reading the various posts from such an expert group. Keep up the good work!

6 Shooter is right, you need to check with your local dealer to be sure. Give the service department a call, and an advisor can run your VIN number through GM data base to see if the latest recall was performed. Good luck with it. :)

As I recall, there are TWO bulletins on the steering column lock. Correct me if I'm mistaken...

Elaine

Hi jj... and :welcome

Check out this section of the CAC Tech Center - the CAC Knowledgebase -> click here and specifically, the C5 section -> click here for more tech info.

Enjoy the CAC and your C5!
:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom