Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hydralic Clutch Fluid / Clutch Slip

ICOMP

Corvette
2007 Black Z51 Coupe and 2004 Magnetic Red Coupe
Help!

After bringing our '07 Z51 out of its winter mothballs we found that it was difficult to get the car in gear. On the last drive we started noticing that the clutch would slip when under power or accelerating. I've just checked the hydralic reservoir and the fluid is gone. Is it safe to assume that the hydralic line is leaking and the fluid has made it to the clutch disc?

This kind of surprises me as the car only has 14,000 miles on it and is never driven hard. Is there anything that I can check prior to a visit to the shop?

let's hope it's covered by the powertrain warrenty.....:eyerole sounds like the hydraulic bearing has leaked the fluid onto the clutch

let's hope it's covered by the powertrain warrenty.....:eyerole sounds like the hydraulic bearing has leaked the fluid onto the clutch

We're now a pressure plate, disc,flywheel and $2200 later. Funny thing is, now that it's all been replaced, it's much more solid than it was off of the showroom. The clutch positively engages much closer to the floor and it feels far more correct. I don't beleive that it was ever right to begin with!

Thanks for responding!

Jim

We're now a pressure plate, disc,flywheel and $2200 later. Funny thing is, now that it's all been replaced, it's much more solid than it was off of the showroom. The clutch positively engages much closer to the floor and it feels far more correct. I don't beleive that it was ever right to begin with!

Thanks for responding!

Jim

Did you look at the old flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc, and slave cylinder? If not, I would surely want to, and see what and why it happened in the first place. The old parts will tell you what/why it happened. ;)

Did you look at the old flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc, and slave cylinder? If not, I would surely want to, and see what and why it happened in the first place. The old parts will tell you what/why it happened. ;)

You bet! Told the technician to hold all parts and I have them. I wonder about the flywheel as it didnt look that bad. The disk & pressure plate definately had seemingly extensive wear.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom