Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 96 Fog Lamp Socket - Where to Buy

blainelocklair

Corvette
1996 White/Tan 53k
Hello all,

Where can I buy a fog lamp socket for a 96 Vette? The dealerships no longer sell them, and I can't find them at any of the major Corvette parts dealers. Mine broke to pieces when I pulled the bulb out for replacement recently.

Thanks,
Blaine

Hello all,

Where can I buy a fog lamp socket for a 96 Vette? The dealerships no longer sell them, and I can't find them at any of the major Corvette parts dealers. Mine broke to pieces when I pulled the bulb out for replacement recently.

Thanks,
Blaine

Rock Auto RockAuto Auto Parts lists it from a couple of different manufacturers.

I found the bulbs, but not the sockets. Could you point to the correct link on their site?

Thanks!

The bulb and socket comes as an assembly, or do you need the wiring connector?

Looking for the connector that's attached to the wire under the bumper. I guess I mislabeled it when I called it the socket. I was thinking of it in terms of how other bulbs are installed.

Thanks!

Looking for the connector that's attached to the wire under the bumper. I guess I mislabeled it when I called it the socket. I was thinking of it in terms of how other bulbs are installed.

Thanks!

Understood, it is an unusual arrangement. Not sure if this will link directly but will try RockAuto Parts Catalog if not, I'm pretty sure the part you need is DORMAN Part # 85855 , hope that helps.

Go to a dealer ans ask them if they have an ACDelco "Pigtails" catalog. If they do, you may find the socket in there.

Almost ALL of the C4 electrical sockets, plugs and connectors are now available thru "Help" products at local auto parts stores. If not there then ask to see the Dorman catalog as Toptech suggest. Worst case go to flea-bay and locate a C4 parts dealer and send them an email asking for the pigtail. Its probably listed already.

Bought the Dorman plug, installed it yesterday. It's nice to see both of the fog lights working on the car again. Thanks to everyone that helped out with this thread.

Blaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom