Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Night Race Blue Corvette

Corvette
2015 Z06 Callaway White, 1967 Corvette RestoRod
Photos of a couple of Night Race Blue Corvettes at Carlisle. :w

Lots of metallic. In certain lights it had a slight purple tint.

Attachments

• P1030672.jpg
    P1030672.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 159
  • P1030674c (3).jpg
    P1030674c (3).jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 99
  • P1030675.jpg
    P1030675.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 97
  • P1030677.JPG
    P1030677.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 93
  • P1030678.jpg
    P1030678.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 90
  • P1030679.jpg
    P1030679.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 97
That metallic is getting very large. almost more like metal flake from the 60's.

Race Blue

I saw one on a local dealerships lot today and naturally I had to pull over and take a closer look.
The car had the same top as the one in the photo and although I liked it, I just didn't think it had the "pop"
I thought it would have. The metalic is overwhelming as it seems to be on many of the new vette (inferno orange)
colors. I was kind of hoping this color was going to be more like Laguna blue.

As I said, it's nice but I just don't think it's for me.

JJS - did you see any purple in the one you saw?

If the car is very clean it looks great to me - I'll keep the ZR1 though.

JJS - did you see any purple in the one you saw?

If the car is very clean it looks great to me - I'll keep the ZR1 though.

I did not see any purple, but it was very cloudy out - I know they look much different in the sunlight.

I was this || close to buying an Orange Metallic (thought it looked like a flat Hemi-orange) vert
earlier this year at MacMulkin's in NH - it was parked in the back row out of the sun light.

Just before I sat with the salesman my wife asked me if the orange vette in front of the window (in the sun)
was the same color as the one I wanted and when I saw the HUGE metal flakes in the sunlight it turned me
off.

The salesman was a great guy - he was going over numbers and my head was spinning over the color I just saw in the sun light-
I finally came out and told him I thought the car was like a "Hemi/Hugger" Orange and that when I saw it in the sunlight
it threw me for a loop - I said I needed to think about it rather than buying something I might not be happy
with down the road and he understood - he was a great guy.

In hindsight, I do like the orange, but I'm still not sure I could he happy with it down the road.

I have a black F-150 (2010) that has a lot of metallic in it (green, red, blue) and it looks great. It also changes
color depending on the sunlight just as I'm sure the Midnight race blue does.

I did like it, it just didn't "pop" for me.

I don't know what color I want at this point - maybe black or red.

Last edited:
I love the large flakes, but to each his/her own. My wife likes the earlier Sunset orange and Atomic orange Corvettes. I can only think that the newer larger flake show the color off even more.

JJS, I hope that you find a color that you can live with.

I also saw the Night Racer Blue in Carlisle. Hubby didn't like it, and I was unsure. Of course, my all-time favorite Corvette color is Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic of 2005 and 2006. If they ever come back with that color, I'll be #1 on the list to buy! In the meantime, I really like the Cyber Gray that we now have.

Elaine

I rode by the dealership this morning and the car is parked in the front row, parallel to the street - and did it look Sweet! It's
amazing how the sunlight or lack thereof can change the look of a car with these metallic paint jobs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom